Dormant mealworm eggs?

Lain

Arachnopeon
Hello all!

I have a communal desert beetle tank, with wooly, blue death feignings, smooth deaths. I made the error to introducing some mealworm beetles in and they reproduced very well. Over the summer I broke down the tank and removed them and their larvae to their own tank, even sifted the sand. All was good, until this past month or so, I have been finding many larve again. Is it possible that there were eggs left over from so long ago? Or think my other beetles are breeding? Is there a way to tell the difference in the larvae other than waiting to see what develops.

Thanks!!

FluffyTheSpider

Arachnopeon
Hello all!

I have a communal desert beetle tank, with wooly, blue death feignings, smooth deaths. I made the error to introducing some mealworm beetles in and they reproduced very well. Over the summer I broke down the tank and removed them and their larvae to their own tank, even sifted the sand. All was good, until this past month or so, I have been finding many larve again. Is it possible that there were eggs left over from so long ago? Or think my other beetles are breeding? Is there a way to tell the difference in the larvae other than waiting to see what develops.

Thanks!!
well people at beetle forums may be able to answer