Dorcus titanus

The wolf

Arachnolord
Not at all. You could always buy a soft paint brush, brush them off, and squish them once they fall off. I use to do that a lot for my larvae that had mites. And a hide in the enclosure does not matter. They will burrow under the moss and feel secure.
Thanks so much you've been such a big help lately

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Ever see them fight an other species of stag beetle? They're one of the strongest beetles I battled. The leading one that beat every one that I put in its way was Dorcus titans palawanicus. And don't worry, none of them were hurt; just flung into the air.

The wolf

Arachnolord
Ever see them fight an other species of stag beetle? They're one of the strongest beetles I battled. The leading one that beat every one that I put in its way was Dorcus titans palawanicus. And don't worry, none of them were hurt; just flung into the air.
The beauty of nature if there is no necessity to kill,kill they shall not.In this case it is not in the beetles interest to kill so mearly a display of good genes is ample

dord

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I've seen many beetle fighting videos and those palawan stags are brutal. Although, I've heard a rumor somewhere that Dynastinae have weaker armor than Lucanidae so some stags can penetrate some rhino beetles' armor...

The wolf

Arachnolord
What do people say about handling these guys is it bad for them like tarantulas or does it have no effect like mantids or is it good like reptiles and jumpers

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
As far as I am aware beetles don't care about being handled. I mean you can go outside and man handle beetles all you want and they'll just fly away or grip on to your hand and refuse to let go. I wouldn't say don't handle it but if you do at least be responsible. I'm pretty sure they have really tough exoskeletons so a tumble wouldn't be as dangerous for them as it would be for something with a soft abdomen like a tarantula.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Handling has absolutey no affect on them. Just be careful because once they latch on tight with their claws they’re really hard to get off.