Don't learn the hard way, like I almost did

Lucifer

Arachnopeon
So I got my shipment of crickets in today and decided to speed things up I'd open up the containers on some of my girls ahead of time. That way when I came through with the container of bugs I could just toss in a handfull and move on. Since most of my girls just sit around for hours on end I figured there'd be no problem with this. Well, after I'd opened up about a half dozen lids (critter keepers), I went back to the first one and saw my B. boehmei sitting on a log. No problem, I thought. Then I looked a little closer and saw legs down in the log. It was then I realized my boehmei (Marilyn) doesn't have a log, she has a clay rock-type home. Here Marilyn had decided to wander over and crawl into my E. campestratus' (Pagan) cage. Poor Pagan was down in her log all reared up ready to strike and Marilyn was only an inch or so away. I quickly reached down and shooed Marilyn away from harms way and she reluctantly crawled back over to her own home. That could've been ugly as I don't want to lose either of my girls. Just thought I'd share as a warning. Though they may sit for hours without moving, it only takes a few seconds for them to get into trouble.

inked

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
heheh good story.. would have spun me out seeing one of my spiders and then realising, hang on, it doesnt have a log... wtf..

good to hear it all turned out ok...

i often open a few of my enclosures up at once, with the worry of an escape, never considered the possibility of going into another enclosure..

i'll keep that in mind...