Don't Know As Much As I Thought I Did

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Finding I don't know as much about Ts as I thought I did :banghead:. The good thing is that it does kinda teach me not to just start typing away but that I need to be sure what I'm saying is correct. Now I just have to follow through.

Glad to be on AB though where people can help me learn the right info. Thank you, guys!

Last edited:

aphono

Arachnobaron
Yep. Good folks here, cut right through all the nonsense with accurate info. Many times posters will try encourage someone to step a little back, think a little more about things. Many messages and individuals helped me decide on and get various species I never considered trying due to those scary, scary caresheets out there. C. versicolor is an example. Die if you so much as look at them the wrong way from 10 feet away & wearing the wrong color clothes. Pfft, this species is so easy with right care. P. cambridgei is another.. was unimpressed by pictures & scared off by oooh vicious! But got one due to @cold blood advocacy for this species.. it's one of my favorites. Pictures don't do them justice. Those crazy legs! Unfortunately it recently molted out MM.. hoping to either sell or trade for slings. Liked him enough to want keeping one in the collection.

buzz182

Arachnosquire
I don't think you ever stop learning, I just wish it was so easy to get advice from so many knowledgeable people when I first got into the hobby.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Yeah I was in a similar position to you about a year and a half ago. I had an A. avic from a pet store that died, probably because of a badly setup enclosure, and after that I joined the boards and realized I knew hardly anything. I've done a lot of learning here since then.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I studied a lot (mostly lurking on these boards) when I first got into inverts and I've always had very good reading retention, but I still learn new things all the time. I sure even the old timers here pick up something new once in a while.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Same. Everyday is a learning day, trying to figure out why Ts do what they do. LOL.

Razzledazzy

Arachnosquire
Arachnoboards has spoiled me! I looked into getting a betta fish recently and I wasn't about to follow a petstore care sheet. So obviously I went 'oh I'll just look this information up on arachnoboards' which was... not helpful! Took some doing but I eventually found someplace similar to AB but for fish... which only taught me that I knew nothing about bettas when I was a kid.

Always learning, ever growing.