does this sling look close to molt?

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
So this is my 1cm b.albiceps she molted about a month ago i have been feeding her a pinhead cricket every 2 days which she is still chomping down, her abdomen seems very large allready and kinda shiney shes still eating though but do u think she will enter pre molt soon perhaps? or is she just chubby should i slow down the feeding a bit aswell?

66441048_359506274981070_1495017041302650880_n.jpg

Killertut

Arachnosquire
that is one fat sling.
i am surprised it still accepts food.
i assume you will have a long fasting period before it molts again. B. albiceps are slow growers.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
So this is my 1cm b.albiceps she molted about a month ago i have been feeding her a pinhead cricket every 2 days which she is still chomping down, her abdomen seems very large allready and kinda shiney shes still eating though but do u think she will enter pre molt soon perhaps? or is she just chubby should i slow down the feeding a bit aswell?

View attachment 314784
In my opinion, you should slow the feeding down a lot. That abdomen is enormous

As for pre molt? Could be. It's darkened up a little doesn't look like an imminent molt to me.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Personally, I would stick to a twice a week feeding schedule for spiderlings who are that size. No, they don't look close to moulting to me.

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
In my opinion, you should slow the feeding down a lot. That abdomen is enormous

As for pre molt? Could be. It's darkened up a little doesn't look like an imminent molt to me.
Thanks that sounds like good advice il slow it down allot then maby once a week instead of every other day? hes actually insatiable he would eat every bloody day if he could

Personally, I would stick to a twice a week feeding schedule for spiderlings who are that size. No, they don't look close to moulting to me.
im currently feeding him every othe day should i change that to every 3 days or maby every 4 apparently he is verry fat

another thing can u guys see any bolluses in that picture? because she doesent seem to be produceing any lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Thanks that sounds like good advice il slow it down allot then maby once a week instead of every other day? hes actually insatiable he would eat every bloody day if he could
I usually feed my spiderlings on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No, yes, maybe

@Teal
Is it close to a... molt?
Isn't that when something is about to take off suddenly?
Oh, no, that's bolt.
Oh! You mean when someone is being dumb! Wait... that's dolt.
Aha! I know what you're asking now.... and I can confirm your spider is NOT a young male horse called a colt.

I got all distracted... viper, what was the question again? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

krequiem

Arachnopeon
which species is that hes black
Being from the United States, I find the above comment very uncomfortable and inappropriate. I get that you're from Britain, so you might not realize how loaded a comment like that is in U.S. culture, but it is, and I, at least, would appreciate it if you would refrain from using it. There are a gazillion more imaginative ways to say something looks very black. You can quote Cooper's line about coffee from Twin Peaks "Black as midnight on a moonless night". You could say the spider is so black it's sucking all the light from the room. It's like a black hole. It's so dark you can barely see it. I'd be tempted to say something like "wow, it's almost as black as my soul". There are many options, but not the n word, Dude. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Might want to a check and make sure there are no sharp sticks or other pointy objects in the sling's cup so it doesn't run the risk of popping itself open. ;)

Wormtail39

Arachnoknight
Might want to a check and make sure there are no sharp sticks or other pointy objects in the sling's cup so it doesn't run the risk of popping itself open. ;)
I would stop feeding altogether really. The little guy has enough to last him two moults ;)
is he really that fat? i dont wana stop feeding him completely but maby once a week till he molts? are u sure he wont be hungry?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
is he really that fat? i dont wana stop feeding him completely but maby once a week till he molts? are u sure he wont be hungry?
It's not going to spontaneously burst or anything, even at that size it could go for months without food. I just feed until they refuse and then wait for a moult.

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
I just feed until they refuse and then wait for a moult.
I am actually surprised by all the "stop feeding it" comments. Since I started this hobby I feed my T's as often as they want to eat. So I offer food or test for a feeding response every second or third day and if I get a feeding response I feed. Some of my slings have been this fat and even more fat with no problems at all.

I am not saying anyone is wrong or right, maybe I have just been lucky all these years....:watchingyou:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
it wont let me edit it, the option is there for my other posts though so i guess someone reported it?
The option to edit expires after 24 hours for active members.

That being said, I just edited that post and the quotes of it.