1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does size matter? collection size that is(duh)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Tenebrarius, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnoangel Active Member

Advertisement
    sup my friends, I dont hang out at chat a lot but I get moved there ALOT so maybe I belong? my mommy was telling me that the cuties won't like me cause Im ugly, I told her its more likely they won't cause I own Ts...she said two tsunamis is worst than one o_O of course Im paraphrasing and all but I noticed a lot of the member here are usually older and married. I own a relatively small collection mainly cause im a broke boi going to college :confused: so I wanted to ask the "arachnohomies" do your significant other hate your T addiction...sorry i meant ENTHUSIASTIC "hobby". im uh asking for a friend.

• Love Love x 1
  2. Mychajlo

Mychajlo Arachnosquire

In my opinion no, you have how many tarantulas you want, in my 8 years in this hobby I’ve had 13 tarantulas now and had different times, the way I see it, I have some tarantulas ( 8 right now ) and then I wait a bit and when a tarantula either passes or I get rid of one I just replace it, that way it’s a balanced system of pets and I don’t get overwhelmed :happy: and don’t worry about finding an SO the right one will come that embraces your Ts as much as you. Just like I did cause my SO just got into the hobby with me

• Like Like x 3
  3. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName Arachnopeon

Texas
    Lol your thread makes me laugh. Anywho, my husband does not understand why I want to have more than one T, but he thinks they are neat. He does not hate them, no. I also didn’t buy my first T until we had been dating for 3 1/2 years and didn’t get my second one until we were married for 1 1/2 years. You definitely have to ease someone into your hobby. I wouldn’t lead a first date with tarantula conversation. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Enrgy

Enrgy Arachnosquire

Don’t tell girls you have ts...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tenebrarius

this is definitely the sauce boss thanks
    Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 6.32.01 PM.png

RIP Ts are my most discernible trait...i'll just use the grym reaper's adviceo_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. antinous

antinous Pamphopharaoh Arachnosupporter

Find someone who accepts you for who you are and don’t accept anyone who doesn’t. This includes your hobbies and interests.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Take it from someone who has ALWAYS been the weirdo... you WILL find someone who appreciates your passion for whatever you are passionate about! If you're like me, you won't require that they *love* your passion but that they simply accept it as part of you. But if you're lucky like me, you'll find people who do share your enthusiasm... and it is awesome!

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Don't worry. Unfortunately, seems that T's turned more popular nowadays. IMO too much popular for my tastes. Within a couple of years, max a decade, they will become, if not 'mainstream', sorta 'normal'.

That would be the real nightmare, mark my words, and we will remember with a bit of nostalgia all of those innocent days full of people asking about humidity, bass-loving good-vibes T's, the perfect way for handling and such :lock:

When T's will become 'normality' chicks will ask you to buy, as a proof of your love, a good 50 specimens of Haploclastus devamatha (former T.psychedelicus) in no time. Study hard in that college, son :pompous:

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tenebrarius

yes I guess there's a lot of weirdo to match in the worldo_O

if im not banned by then I'll be an amazing archnogod replying with intense sarcasm(I wonder who). the amount of help ruptured abdomen and why is my T acting weird(stress posture) threads will flood.

oh no when she says "buy me a P. solaris or you dont love me":confused: what next T seladonia? "yes":hungover: GMO pets is a weird fad wonder what they'll do to Ts(poor fellas)
    thinking of ditching my idea for biology major(something like genetics or neural science) and just taking that cash back guarantee CS degree

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. UniqueUserName

Texas
    This is true. Look at how many people are on this board, men and women.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. antinous

Are you implying that I’m a weirdo? /offended

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Rittdk01

Rittdk01 Arachnoknight

Indiana
    A partner is gonna care that you have a job, car, live on your own, and have some future goals. You live with your mom I take it? Anyway, that would be what keeps you from getting dates, not the spiders.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  15. UniqueUserName

Texas
    Lol yeah, I guess I am. I mean, if the shoe fits, wear it, right?? It’s def not a dig at you. Better to be weird than normal.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tenebrarius

at least im a young man...RIPo_O

17. antinous

He’s going to college so I’m guessing he’s still relatively young, I don’t see how staying at home while attending school would be a turn off. Unless the person is incredibly shallow and narrow minded that is.

Haha I was kidding, I’m a pretty ‘weird’ person with al my interests

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnoprince

Texas
    The vast majority of my classmates live at home and commute to school. I mean with the amount of students there it would be impossible for the school to provide housing for everyone unless they bought like half the city. It's much more cost effective to commute anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. lostbrane

lostbrane Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

I have never had a SO, but someone did posit the question if a potential partner wanted me to get rid of my t's would I? I would flat out refuse and end the relationship. We're a package, and I'm not going to give them up unless I absolutely have to, and just to be with someone is not an absolute must so...

As to actual collection size, I have 15 right now and I wouldn't mind doubling it but I think 35-40 would be a good amount just for myself. Don't want to be overwhelmed, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

If one gives up their pets because their SO expects that, than said person might as well be dead.

• Agree Agree x 2