Does anyone know what is happening (P.metallica)?

borotasinisa

Arachnopeon
So, this happend to a friend of mine from Serbian forum and we don't know what it is... Spider was 7cm, fat, refusing food and on 7th January after a few days of staying on one spot of the glass it fell off and he turned it on it's back. Afer a few weeks she is alive (although male probably..), moving her fangs, and partialy limbs, he found fecal maters behing her, poured water regularly on her mouth. 28th of January she is only moving when he pours water, temperature and humidity are high (not too much), here is the video:
. Now, something came out from the abdomen, about 1cm in lenght, looks like this:

It was dry and fell off when he touched it. Small, dry wound was left behind but after one day little hemolymph came out but he stopped it with powder (flour). She is still alive so does anyone know what is happening?

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
With something coming out of her abdomen like that, it sounds like one or many parasites of some kind are inside him. I've never seen anything that looks like that though.

Illusion

Arachnosquire
How bizarre, but definitely sounds like a parasite, would explain the odd behavior to.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Is that Poecilotheria metallica CB or a WC one, by chance? If CB (i assume CB btw), then i think something she ate.

cold blood

Staff member
He bought her recently but I don't think so, it doesn't matter now.
Did he know the person he bought it from? If not the spider could have been eating primarily wild caught prey...in fact that is the most likely scenario I can think of.

Interested to see if it survives. We've seen people who received spiders with odd scars, maybe its possible for it to survive.

Personally, I wouldn't just leave it on its back for that long....but what do I know, I've never seen this before myself (thanks the "gods").

borotasinisa

Arachnopeon
Good point, I didn't think of that... Does anyone have some suggestions on what to do with her or she is doomed?

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good point, I didn't think of that... Does anyone have some suggestions on what to do with her or she is doomed?
Unfortunately, unless someone is able to identify whatever came out of her and has a solution to it, all you can do is wait. Moving her will probably do more harm than good right now. It probably came from a feeder or some kind of contamination from outside.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
No such chance. Nobody is interested in importing WC metallica, not to mention the strict laws in India/Sri Lanka which prohibit the exportation of Poecilotheria.
Sure man. I just state that always as a habit of mine due to my aversion to WC Theraphosidae.

Starantula

Arachnopeon
Almost looks like an impending molt but interrupted by a parasite. Can't say it looks promising.

Or a scene out of Alien..

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
What did he do with whatever came out of the T? I'm very interested in seeing a clear pic of it.

borotasinisa

Arachnopeon
Nothing, it dried out and shrunk, now it's about 3-4 millimeters in the supstrate behind her and he can't recognise it anymore. Spider is still alive.

cold blood

Staff member
So it was just left there next to the spider? Why would it not at least be removed? I mean, a dead cricket would be removed.:bored:

My curiosity would have forced me to see if I could keep it alive to see what it became or was. There was an older thread about one similar, but the didn't live if I recall, it turned into a fly.

borotasinisa

Arachnopeon
I saw a similar thread, but this was dry, he didn't mention that it was alive or larva like stuff.