Does anyone know know what species a blue pink toe tarantula is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarantulaBrad

Arachnopeon
I bought a New tarantula a pink toe and I could quite see the colour in the shop so I took it home I opened the tub and saw that its a blue colour does anyone know the Species?

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
A picture would be helpful. Was it perhaps an Antilles Pinktoe that looked like this?

B90D865D-22FE-40F3-B3A6-1AE060A1D6A8.jpeg

If so then it’s a Caribena Versicolor. Could just be one of the Avicularia species though. Post pics and I bet people here can figure it out.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Not everyones up on name changes.

Only Caribena are blue as slings. And they were moved from avicularia.

JFaustus

Arachnopeon
Like someone previously said, people either refuse to use the name changes or don’t know about them. A picture of it would be helpful.

JFaustus

Arachnopeon
Some people aren’t up to date on name changes, if it’s blue, it’s most likely a Caribena versicolor.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I bought a New tarantula a pink toe and I could quite see the colour in the shop so I took it home I opened the tub and saw that its a blue colour does anyone know the Species?
A large majority of Avics are blue. You really should be posting a pic don't you think?

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
It's a Caribena for sure. More than likely versicolor.

Although common names are worthless and irrelevant, the pink toe name for these is now very comical. They don't have pink toes nor are they Avicularia anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.