Does anyone know how to stop millipedes from breeding? (giant chocolate millipede)

SFA

Arachnoknight
Giant chocolate - is it a desert species? If so they don’t readily breed in captivity, so it’s probably not much of a concern. And if they do, publish your results :p

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
I agree, separation is your best bet, but if you are referring to an Orthoporus species then you don’t really have to worry about breeding in captivity.

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
I agree, separation is your best bet, but if you are referring to an Orthoporus species then you don’t really have to worry about breeding in captivity.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
As said above, orthoporus won't breed successfully in normal captive conditions but if they are mating too much and you are concerned you can always split them up.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
The original poster looks to be in England. I've most often seen "Giant Chocolate Millipede" referring to Ophistreptus guineensis in the UK. It's a large brown African species. So though it might be true that Orthoporus is unlikely to breed, I think we're talking a completely different millipede here.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
The original poster looks to be in England. I've most often seen "Giant Chocolate Millipede" referring to Ophistreptus guineensis in the UK. It's a large brown African species. So though it might be true that Orthoporus is unlikely to breed, I think we're talking a completely different millipede here.
Didn't even think of this, damn common/hobby names.