Does anyone know how I can get some A. gigas in texas?

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I had an african giant millipede when I was a kid.
And I thought I’d get a pair or so again, as I’ve gotten older and wiser. I’ve a vivarium setup, but I cannot find these guy available anywhere near me (Texas, US).
I’ve found some online dealers, but they can’t ship out of thier respective states.

Anyone have any advice?

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
They have been showing up at expos lately in pretty great numbers. You could try going and looking at some in your area, i know i saw about 200 mature a gigas at the last show i was at and i regret not buying some :banghead:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh, thank you for the suggestion.
Another dumb question, but, how do I gain privileges to post elsewhere?
Read this thread: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/im...ements-for-posting-in-the-classifieds.279681/

You have a couple of options in order to become eligible to post to the classifieds:

1: Become an Active Member (Just participate in the forums. You need to have posted at least 15 comments in the past 45 days, but comments in some forums - like Tarantula Chat - don't count.) http://arachnoboards.com/help/active/

2: Become an Arachosupporter ($25/year or $50/year for Arachosupporter Plus)

3: Become a Classifieds User ($5/month)

You can purchase Arachnosupporter or Classifieds User status here: http://arachnoboards.com/account/upgrades

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They have been showing up at expos lately in pretty great numbers. You could try going and looking at some in your area, i know i saw about 200 mature a gigas at the last show i was at and i regret not buying some :banghead:
Don't you hate that feeling??? I saw some A. gigas at the San Diego expo in July, and kind of wished I'd purchased a few - but I just wasn't quite ready to pony up the dough. They are pretty expensive, and the last ones I bought ended up dying on me. (I suspect a sick 'pede - I had one that seemed to be doing fine, then purchased two more at a show. The new pair died within a few weeks, and then the first one died a few weeks later.) I did get a business card from the guy who was selling them in San Diego - but now I'm not sure where I put it!

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Don't you hate that feeling??? I saw some A. gigas at the San Diego expo in July, and kind of wished I'd purchased a few - but I just wasn't quite ready to pony up the dough. They are pretty expensive, and the last ones I bought ended up dying on me. (I suspect a sick 'pede - I had one that seemed to be doing fine, then purchased two more at a show. The new pair died within a few weeks, and then the first one died a few weeks later.) I did get a business card from the guy who was selling them in San Diego - but now I'm not sure where I put it!
I hear you i already left the show with a nearly 400 dollar centipede explaining 2 or 3 new 100 dollar additions would've been fun. :chicken:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I hear you i already left the show with a nearly 400 dollar centipede explaining 2 or 3 new 100 dollar additions would've been fun. :chicken:
Oh, wow! That's a high dollar centipede! Was it an S. galapagoensis or S. gigantea? I saw some of those at the show I was just at on Saturday, with the healthy triple-digit price tags, but couldn't justify the cost. (I hate to go triple-digit on anything, though I have made a few exceptions!)

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
Oh, wow! That's a high dollar centipede! Was it an S. galapagoensis or S. gigantea? I saw some of those at the show I was just at on Saturday, with the healthy triple-digit price tags, but couldn't justify the cost. (I hate to go triple-digit on anything, though I have made a few exceptions!)
I'm curious about this centipede also!