1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you want your tarantula be a bit bigger or smaller?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by BoyFromLA, Nov 14, 2017.

Do you want your tarantula be a bit bigger or smaller?

1. Definitely bigger

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. Definitely smaller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am fine as it is

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  1. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA
    Advertisement
    Hmm...

771ADC7A-9694-4EF5-A66F-206EE37205FD.jpeg

9CF4CE97-5128-4234-B5D8-170E439E6D1C.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Devin B

Devin B Arachnoknight Active Member

Well non of mine are full grown so I would say I want then to be bigger.

Also.the second picture you provided reminds me of the movie eight legged freaks. That was such a bad movie...

3. Jmanbeing93

Jmanbeing93 Arachnosquire

I think it's from the 1955 movie "The Tarantula" , basically about a tarantula that grows to a gargantuan size because of nuclear fallout.

4. Ponkan

Ponkan Arachnopeon

All I have are slings so far. I'm a new keeper and all of my tarantulas (3) are less than an inch. I'm fine as they are but it would be nice if they grew a little bit bigger XD.

5. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnobaron Active Member

I don't even think my biggest tarantulas are fully grown yet but I'm happy with them as they are.

The only thing I want is more tarantulas :woot::hilarious:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Misty Day

Misty Day Arachnobaron

When all I had was slings I wanted them to be bigger so badly, but then when they grew to adults I wanted the little slings back. That's why I don't overfeed them for increased growth anymore, slings are just too damn cute. Although my smallest T's are 2" LPs now, so I'll need my baby T fix soon.... Why is this hobby so damn addicting?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 6:10 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. kevinlowl

kevinlowl Arachnoknight Active Member

KL
    So bad that it's good amirite? ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. athlete96

athlete96 Arachnopeon

6/8 of my slings are under an inch, so I'd like them to grow bigger, but judging by grape sized abdomens I can say they'll molt soon.

Then there's my K. brunnipes sling. I think it's maybe 1/10th of an inch. It scares me. It's too little.

9. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

10. Lil Paws

Lil Paws Arachnopeon Active Member

You know, I think the smaller sizes would be okay if mine weren't always in a state of premolt half the time. I miss them when they disappear!

I did strangely feel a mixture of excitement and a little sadness after my GBB molted. I initially bought her as I love the look of the adults, but I will miss her cool stripes and black-tipped toes. I have been considering getting a pumpkin patch or some other stripy species down the road.

11. PanzoN88

PanzoN88 Arachnoknight

Ohio
    Size doesn't matter to me, i am extremely patient so waiting doesn't bother me at all.

12. darkness975

darkness975 a Dream Within a Dream Arachnosupporter

@BoyFromLA
    I want them to become bigger, stronger, faster, meaner, and above all else, develop the ability to fly across an entire barn space and attack a random guy plucking on one of the strings of their clearly Araneus diadematus influenced webs that are the same size as the barn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachnophobia_(film)

• Funny Funny x 2