Which do you prefer tubs or glass

• Any

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Either

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
I always use glass or acryilc. High visibility is one of my main requirements for my collection. Here's my 2 latest cage builds.

Mysterious 2 new arrivals 1.jpg

buzz182

Arachnosquire
This kinda depends what is meant by tubs, I have a strong dislike for ugly opaque storage "tubs" but I have some acrylic enclosure some modified lego fish tanks (see pic) critter keepers that all allow me to admire the beauty of my T's. I don't think you can beat a good glass enclosure though.

Attachments

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
I was all about glass at first, but I won't be picking any up unless I'm at an expo (when they're very discounted usually).

I'm slowly growing a preference for acrylic, mainly for the whole DIY aspect. It's fun.

That being said, I've got one in a tub, 3 in glass enclosures, and the rest are in deli cups.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
None of my Ts are super aggressive but many are just awesome to watch. The whole Jack in the box thing where you open an enclosure flying blind isn't good. Besides, if you have to open it up every time you want to watch your spiders, you'll be disappointed. With glass, I can just drift up, read the news on my cellphone and the tarantula doesn't even know I'm there but I can see him or her. It also boils down to safety as well.

cecdog

Arachnopeon
Glass. I've had both for about a month now, and glass just looks so much better, along with the added benefit of using a heat pad without having to worry about the plastic of the tub being strong enough not to melt.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Glass. I've had both for about a month now, and glass just looks so much better, along with the added benefit of using a heat pad without having to worry about the plastic of the tub being strong enough not to melt.
If you're worried about the heat mat doing that to your enclosure then I'm worried about what it is doing to the T inside the enclosure

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
:banghead:

Lose the mat or you'll end up with a fried T.

cold blood

Staff member
Tubs offer superior ventilation options. Glass is nice to look at, but IMO tubs offer a better home for the t inside.

Like venom, I would rather spend $ on ts, not enclosures......tubs all day and for me its not close.

beccadarling

Arachnopeon
I definitely preference glass or acrylic. While tubs are cheap and convenient, they just don't have the same class that a slick, modern enclosure. I'm already investing time and money into the Ts, might as well invest in some good looking housing for them.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I prefer acrylic. Just have to be careful to not scratch it when cleaning, but they’re super clear and you can add as much ventilation as you want.