Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ive been bought that twice as a joke, but i still refuse to eat it :p

some people in SE Asia eat them in stir fry
huge H.spinifers :( poor little buggers

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the scorp looks like a mesobuthus martensii.
I think that the UK keepers should rebel cause it's illegal to keep this specie cause it's a Buthidae but it's completely legal to eat it!

BTW £4.50 seems like a decent price for a scorp, bearing in mind how much scorps cost in the UK...

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They also sold these in Holland, it does look a lot like M. Martenssi. the last tail segment is dark colored. we discussed this ones at the dutch scorpion society and wonderd if it couldn't inject venom anymore. because the telson and stinger is present. This species does posses a pretty strong venom.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They taste better in chocolate than they do toffee :rolleyes:

Seriuosly though, I would have to be awful hungry before I would indulge in something like that. {D

smalltime

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sure why not! ;) I'll eat anything.... {D Probably it would cause some swelling if you would prick yourself on this scorp like any dead scorp.... The dried venom would be disolved in your fluids and be like active venom. I've stung myself like this on Buthacus....almost exactly like the sting report on the boards :)

How big is this toffee? If it's an adult martensii....you must be a big mouth... :worship:

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh but hey... Its "good to your teeth".

Im a veg head so I wouldnt be good to my teeth even if they asked. :embarrassed:

smalltime

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They should of course say it is not terrible for your teeth if you clean them afterwards.... :wall: :wall:

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, probably M.martensii, they breed it in chinese farms for human consumption, as centipedes S.s.mutilans... These two sociable species seems to be very easy to breed.
Greetings,
Eric

Attachments

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
ive been bought that twice as a joke, but i still refuse to eat it :p

some people in SE Asia eat them in stir fry
huge H.spinifers :( poor little buggers
just aweful isn't.... your not going to eat that chicken are you? thats just as evil...

if your a veggie, feel free to complain, otherwise shurrup, just because its a chicken doesn't mean it has less right to life than a scorp or a human ;)

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ScorpDude said:
just aweful isn't.... your not going to eat that chicken are you? thats just as evil...

if your a veggie, feel free to complain, otherwise shurrup, just because its a chicken doesn't mean it has less right to life than a scorp or a human ;)
I would still prefer chicken.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Haplopelma.sp are also eaten in parts of S.E.A there fryed in garlic butter and salted and sold by street vendors :drool: H.minax used to be know as the "Thai edible" to at one time iirc.

Israel2004

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
RaZeDaHeLL666 said:
......Id eat anything I can overpower. ;) {D {D
Really now!!!!
I'd sure let myself be overpowered by the very hot Raze ;) (actually bet there's a few guys on here that would)