Do these prices seem ok?

arachnoherp

Arachnosquire
Got a friend shes selling a mm green bottle blue for $60, a small obt for $20 and a small bluefoot baboon for $50 do these price ranges sound alright fir these species or a little too high?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I don't know.

Prices in U.S are waaay higher than here. $20 are + or - 17 Euro, and here for $30 (25 Euro) I buy a sexed female P.murinus.

Unless you want/plan to breed C.cyaneopubescens I wouldn't buy that, anyway seems a price in line.

I don't have a clue about a 'bluefoot baboon' but if we are talking about I.mira, crazy price, especially for a sling.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
The green bottle blue seems good, if not a little cheap honestly. But unless you're breeding, i wouldnt bother with a MM. Youll basically just get to watch it walk and walk and walk until it dies. Mature males dont eat much.
$20 for an obt? Depends on how small. If its a sling less than 2 inches, id say too much.
I have no idea on the I. mira. Or is it the OTHER blue foot? Which is Harpactira pulchripes. Which i also have no idea on. But it is a good example of the importance of scientific names.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
The OBT is overpriced. The GBB is fair but won't do you much good unless you've got a mature female. He won't last very long. Not long enough to justify $60. I. mira is overpriced too. I've seen slings going for $40.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I mira is the only one I would get. The obt is pretty much a freebie with every other order. The gbb would be ok, if you were going to breed them.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It depends on the size of the T and if the enclosures etc comes with them. The MM wont do you much good. The other two could be decently priced if they came with a setup enclosure.

arachnoherp

Arachnosquire
He would be for breeding, the gbb that is and yes blue foots I mira. so 60 sounds fair for a male gbb for breeding purposes.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Got a friend shes selling a mm green bottle blue for $60, a small obt for $20 and a small bluefoot baboon for $50 do these price ranges sound alright fir these species or a little too high?

For the I mira, $50 isn't bad because a sling is around that price.

Do not buy that OBT they grow like weeds and you can find a sling for less than that

Trenor

Arachnoprince
i got a GBB for £20 in the uk, so yeah.
You can't go off prices in other counties because they vary so much. If you're breeding then a MM GBB in the US for 50-60 dollars is not a bad deal based on US prices. I got a adult female GBB for 60 dollars which based on US prices is a steal. This was mainly someone getting out of the hobby though and not normally what you would expect to pay.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Female pulchras in excess of 3.5 inches are 400+ lol. Q__Q It is the single most listed "wanted" species in the classifieds the past 2 months, saw like I dont know, 4 or 5 wanted or buying ads for pulchra alone both here and another classified website..

So yep, prices here are crazy.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Female pulchras in excess of 3.5 inches are 400+ lol. Q__Q It is the single most listed "wanted" species in the classifieds the past 2 months, saw like I dont know, 4 or 5 wanted or buying ads for pulchra alone both here and another classified website..

So yep, prices here are crazy.
That's cause usually as a group everyone talks them up and then all tries to get one at the same time. I've seen prices for E. sp Red go crazy for adult females when they were (and still are to a point) the "IT" T to own. I got my E. sp. Yellow adult female for around 70 bucks which is much rarer a species in the hobby then the Reds which I have seen go for 180. P.mets are the same way. people go crazy and pay those high prices for them and that's why they cost what they do. I did 60 bucks for my P.met as a sling and lucked into a female right off the bat. I've seen sexed female adults of that species run 200-250 and people fight to buy them.

I know a lot of the slower growing species can cost more if you want sex adults but a lot depends on the demand. If I were thinking of selling mine and in the span of a few weeks I see 7 or 8 people on here all posting WTB listing for the species then I'd go high on the price expecting someone to bite.

The main reason some of these species are so expensive is people want the adult T without the hassle/time expenture of growing one and hoping to get a female. You'll always pay a premium for that.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You can't go off prices in other counties because they vary so much. If you're breeding then a MM GBB in the US for 50-60 dollars is not a bad deal based on US prices. I got a adult female GBB for 60 dollars which based on US prices is a steal. This was mainly someone getting out of the hobby though and not normally what you would expect to pay.
100% agree. A (fresh) MM C.cyaneopubescens for breeding at $60 in the U.S is an excellent price. IMO absurd a I.mira sling at $50, however. That's a bit of a rip off, but again, prices varies drastically between Europe and the U.S (still I believe someone in the U.S acts smart a bit on prices :kiss:)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
100% agree. A (fresh) MM C.cyaneopubescens for breeding at $60 in the U.S is an excellent price. IMO absurd a I.mira sling at $50, however. That's a bit of a rip off, but again, prices varies drastically between Europe and the U.S (still I believe someone in the U.S acts smart a bit on prices :kiss:)
We have a lot of people willing to pay high prices for what they want now rather then shopping around. It's that way in a lot of exotic hobbies here and that's why the prices are high here.

I can't really blame them though. If I just wanted a female for one or two species I might would go that route. I enjoy growing slings and photos and such so I don't mind a few years wait time for adults of species I want. I've honestly been thinking of pairing down some on the amount of slings I buy and what I'm planning on keeping. I'm floating around 100 Ts with roughly half of them almost juvie in size, 1/4 adults and 1/4 tiny slings. Once they get bigger, I'll sell off the extra. I might just keep my favorites, fix them up nice display homes and take a more laid back approach to the hobby. :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
GBB only get if breeding

OBT- can't tell you, don't know what small is

I mira- not a steal, not overcharging either.