1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Tarantula's Clean Themselves?!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Kisato, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Kisato

Kisato Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hoya! I just got my tarantula today ^_^ I wanted a GBB but all they had were mexican stuff and one rose hair or...something, so i got the rose hair, and man is he pretty! (i think its a he o.o) anyway, Kenji(thats his name >.>) well, he's opening or lifting his fangs up, and setting his little feet inside his mouth and cleaning them with the soft fuzzy parts of his fangs! or something o.o thats the easiest way i can explain it fer ya ^^; Hope ya understand. But i was just wondering if thats a way of cleaning themselves x_X *looks over* i think he stopped o.o hehe ^_^ Oh, and i was wondering, fer a rose hair or something, how can you tell when they begin their molt? Thankyou! =D

2. Haploman

Haploman ArachnoEarthTiger Old Timer

tarantula bath lol

yes thats the way they groom themselves

3. caligulathegod

caligulathegod Arachnodeity Old Timer

Yup, that's how tarantula's clean themselves. Almost like a kitty cat, especially the fangs and mouthparts. As to the molt, I think it's hard to tell with a Rose. Usually I can tell a molt is coming when my spiders stop eating. Then the butt turns black and then I know it is soon. Rosies are notorious for long fasts, so you might not be able to tell until it's on its back. My rosie would get kind of sluggish (more than usual, even) before a molt.

4. caligulathegod

Tarantula bath.

"Rubber spider, you're the one. You make bathtime lotsa fun. Rubber spider, I'm aw-fully fond of youuuuu."

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  5. Tim R.

Tim R. Arachnobaron Old Timer

caligulathegod...that's too good:D

6. petitegreeneyes

petitegreeneyes Arachnoprince Old Timer

IN
  7. Haploman

Haploman ArachnoEarthTiger Old Timer

lmao

caligula,
    you have way too much time on your hands lol jk funny pic

8. That's just too cute!

By the way, did she react ok when you first started bathing her, or did she keep screaming until you had to buy the plastic spider?;P

9. xBurntBytheSunx

xBurntBytheSunx Arachnoprince Old Timer

mine always looks like it's rubbing its belly or something, i can't tell if its cleaning or just scratching

10. Malhavoc's

Malhavoc's Arachnoking Old Timer

I rahter enjoy watching my T's eat.. for some of them its the only time I see them with fangs fully extended

11. sunnymarcie

sunnymarcie Celestial Spider Old Timer

"Rubber spider, you're the one. You make bathtime lotsa fun. Rubber spider, I'm aw-fully fond of youuuuu."

ROTFLMAO@Caligula!!!!!!!!
    I almost blew my coffee through my nose when I saw that!

12. vulpina

vulpina Arachnoprince Old Timer

Good pic Caligula!!!! T's groom themselves quite alot actually. I've yet to bathe them like Caligula though!!LOL!!!

Andy

13. MizM

MizM Arachnoprincess Old Timer

Oh man, you are WAY TOO GOOD!! Donn'tcha just LOVE Photoshop?

But please, warn me next time, I just about blew Diet Dr. Pepper all over my keyboard!=D

14. ratluvr76

ratluvr76 Moderator Staff Member

I know this thread is ancient but props man.. this is epic and awesome.! Can I save this image and use it as my FB picture for a while?

15. Ashton

Ashton Arachnoknight

That's one of the funniest things I've seen in a while!

16. Poec54

Poec54 Arachnoemperor Active Member

USA
    Very clean animals. You need to get Stan Schultz's book, 3rd edition, to get you up to speed on the basics.

17. vespers

vespers Arachnobaron

You're responding to an 11 year old post/question. The newbies resurrected it because they like the photoshop joke.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Poec54

Poec54 Arachnoemperor Active Member

USA
    Geez, I never check dates on these things. The OP could have died of old age by now.

• Like Like x 3
  19. caligulathegod

You are welcome to use it.

Here's a link to my old thread collecting the ones I did. Some have disappeared into the aether, but most are still there.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?13292-Caligula-Pics&pp=40

20. oh sweet jesus that's beautiful.