Do MM ever kill or harm the Females during mating?

deathfingers66

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm sure a MM has harmed or killed a Female T before,but I never heard of this happening.I want to start breeding soon, but I don't want to risk the rare females I have like my M.balfouri female to injury or death from mating.I know the reward vs. risk factor,but these are my children so to speak and I would cry if this happened.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It happens. But it's really really rare. There is nothing much you can do besides be standing by to separate them if they turn on each other. Good luck with your efforts.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
That is very interesting. But I wouldn't worry about it.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I personally had seen more females kill the males right after mating. Just the way it goes I guess. Nothing is for sure in mating. So it really is your decision. But as stated, you will have to stay ready in case they would go after each other. Most people have the understanding when lending a male that the possiblility is there. I have also wittnessed matings that went well, but the male will dart away in a fast hurry, so in any case be ready. Good luck in the decision you make and if you do breed, good luck with that also.!

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have lost a Poec. Subfusca female during breeding it sucks. So you help you with your Q yes it happens

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dang speaking of rarely happening. I just had my GBB MM attack my female. She was being very receptive (I know hard to believe) And he just lashed out at her and attacked. The MM seemed ready to do the deed after smacking her around a little but the females mood had changed.
Ahh well I got them apart just fine and Ill try again another day.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I had a mature male blondi that lived with my female for a month, actually kicked her out of her burrow. THEN I sent him off to someone else and he KILLED her female!!! That female must not have wanted to hand over her burrow...

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a mature male blondi that lived with my female for a month, actually kicked her out of her burrow. THEN I sent him off to someone else and he KILLED her female!!! That female must not have wanted to hand over her burrow...
It was probably a tranny

Pestilence

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dang speaking of rarely happening. I just had my GBB MM attack my female. She was being very receptive (I know hard to believe) And he just lashed out at her and attacked. The MM seemed ready to do the deed after smacking her around a little but the females mood had changed.
Ahh well I got them apart just fine and Ill try again another day.
speaking of which Ryan.. is it normal that the female approach the male rather the male approach the female? (GBB) it scares me when the female is the one approaching the male, im thinking shes hungry and she wants him as a snack. is this normal procedure for mating?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Id view that as her wanting to play, or eat. Lol. Its hard to spot. I like to tap her a few times with a ruler to see if she strikes with lightning speed. Thats her wanting to snack. If I tap her legs and all she does is raise legs and lean back, then we have a green light for the MM to walk forward.

Pestilence

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Id view that as her wanting to play, or eat. Lol. Its hard to spot. I like to tap her a few times with a ruler to see if she strikes with lightning speed. Thats her wanting to snack. If I tap her legs and all she does is raise legs and lean back, then we have a green light for the MM to walk forward.
i tried tapping her with a brush last night when the MM was with her in the enclosure but seems she just moves slowly and no striking or lightning speed movements. is that a green light? the male just stays in the corner but the female seems to be the one going for him. should i just let them be?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The ladies love to kill males. I am not co habiting any of my guys. I watch the whole time. Seems like she might be in the mood. Just be on standby to break them up if she goes postal.
My male is starting to man up, so I hope they do the deed soon.

vbrooke

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I breed mt OBT's twice, no injury to the female. After the second mating, the female ate the male. He was on his way out anyway. Sucks to lose a T, but at least my female got a good meal.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is this too close to home HMS????:eek: :eek: :eek:
Actually, yes. Not me specifically, however.

Why, do you have an issue with them? Not particularly fond of something you don't understand?
You've obviously indicated this as being a negative thing. Maybe you need to cope with some things of your own. Acceptance and such.

My apologies to the OP, please continue with your orginal post.

Last edited: