Do I or do I not get a T?

Wolfe5467

Arachnopeon
I own a Scorpion and a Snake and thinking about getting a T any suggestions for beginners although I do like the look of the regal jumping spiders too :)

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
I always suggest going with a T . albopilosus (curly hair) whenever asked my opinion on the best beginner t. Super hardy, very simple to care for, and IME have never seen any defensive behavior. I would definitely go with that:)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I own a Scorpion and a Snake and thinking about getting a T any suggestions for beginners although I do like the look of the regal jumping spiders too :)
G pulchripes- nothing better for a starter

Wolfe5467

Arachnopeon
I will look into it and do some research thank you (did not realise how addictive inverts are XD)

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Both above suggestions are both winners. Thanks for doing the research in advance, you can get a TON of questions answered here just by doing a search or 3

Wolfe5467

Arachnopeon
Both above suggestions are both winners. Thanks for doing the research in advance, you can get a TON of questions answered here just by doing a search or 3
Always do research print of guides and everything gotta be prepared XD

Sterls

Arachnobaron
I'd say go for a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, or GBB. Just be aware they're a little faster than other beginners (they don't teleport though). They look incredible at all stages, great eaters, grow quickly, and web the snot out of everything.

T albo may also be good if you don't want the moderate speed. I have some experience with a juvie and I'm raising a sling now. IME they're also good eaters, and they bulldoze the snot out of their enclosures.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
T Albo won’t disappoint. Slower growing, but they deliver. Not my first T, but first one I ever saw that acted like a miniature bulldozer moving substraight around and burrowing. Great eaters too, entertaining to watch. Mine is only a sling and not one I considered getting, but got as a freebie on an order. Its out all the time except when it disappears for weeks during premolt.

You could also look up “new world tarantula” and get a flavor for what’s out there. Size, color, speed, growth rate, lifespans, temperament, etc. play a big role in selecting a T. Some T’s can live crazy long well into the 30 year+ range while others my live much shorter periods.

Exciting stuff. I find YouTube a quick way to get visuals of what they look and act like, but as far as informative research for husbandry you’re better off looking and asking here for the most reliable info.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
thinking about getting a T any suggestions for beginners although I do like the look of the regal jumping spiders too :)
There is a massive difference in lifespan there, so just make sure you know what you're getting into in either case. 10 months vs decades (unless you get a male.)

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
Most brachypelma, tlitocatl, nhandu, grammostola will make good beginner species. Gbb is a good beginner too. Avics and c versicolor are 2/10 in difficulty.

ErikElvis

Newb
A lot of cool choices for beginners. One T is not bad at all. Just top off the water bowl and feed once a week. Prob the best pet(s) I have had. But it usually never stops with one.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Tliltocatl albopilosus is the best readily available beginner species you can get IMO.
Grammostola pulchripes is the next best option but grow a bit slower.