Do desert blonde Ts live in communitys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdhdbxbsjs

Arachnopeon
It is Aphonopelma but I will over look that minor mistake. I am 100% sure they have urticating hairs, you kinda got the heat right though. They are fine at room temperature. Ignore all humidity values. Just keep the substrate moist as sling then dry as juvenile and adult. Yes, ventilation. Just use a pin to make the holes. I am assuming you are using a condiment cup. Not sure about substrate, but I am sure that somebody else will chime in. Do you know all of the ways to feed? I hope this helped, and if not read this.

You got this reversed. They are only in New Worlds.
But is a small critter keeper what I should use because that’s what I was going to do

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
ok its name is Aphonopela Chalcodes terrestrial no nicating hairs i dont know about venom they dont need heat so i dont need a heat lamp for it humidity 65 to 70 i dont know about ventolation and deep substrait 1 hide per spider bottle cap water dish
What is 1 hide per spider? Are you keeping them together?

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Like i said, Aphonopelma chalcodes are much more forgiving of care mishaps than an Avicularia would be. One thing you can use as hides for little spiders are the 25cent flower pots that are for those little decorative cacti. If you get a big enough condiment cup, they should be able to fit inside it's only like 1.5 inches in diameter or so.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Sometimes there are hundreds of Aphonopelma chalcodes living together for a short period of time. ;)

Jdhdbxbsjs

Arachnopeon
I appreciate everyone’s help with educating me on what I need but I don’t know where I can get the condiment cups from do you think I could get them from Walmart

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
how have i not proved to you that i can care for the Ts i have pens and every thing but honestly its just your opinion
How HAVE you? This entire thread, your other threads... You simply have no idea what you're doing and have no desire to learn BEFORE getting new spiders. I'm glad others here have the patience to type out THE MOST BASIC of husbandry needs to you, because I surely don't.

Jim Cricket

Arachnopeon
Yes Walmart, grocery store, Chinese restaurant. Basically any place that sells food will have them.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I appreciate everyone’s help with educating me on what I need but I don’t know where I can get the condiment cups from do you think I could get them from Walmart
Walmart has them, get the 5.5 oz. or smaller deli cups, like the ones in the picture, then set up the deli cup just like the one in this picture. Use eco earth loose substrate from petsmart, like pictured, not the brick kind you have to wet it too much. If they ask you any questions at the pet store or try to help you, tell them you dont need any help.

There are other ways to setup but this is the simple keep your spider alive advice. If you follow this you might succeed, we are here to help. You just have to listen to us and after that you will gain experience.

Once you get all the materials tag me and I will talk you through how to get it setup, we will talk about moisture, feeding and all the other fun stuff. Oh you will need a thumb tac or clothes pin for the vent holes. We will go over this also once you get all the supplies.

Attachments

Jim Cricket

Arachnopeon
Personally I would cancel the order. Tiny A. Chalcodes slinges grow slow and burrow. How long before you are bored staring at six holes and buy more Ts. Take the $34 and put it towards an adult Chalcodes. Very easy husbandry,cheap,and hardy. Just my 2 cents I’m new as well.

Jdhdbxbsjs

Arachnopeon
Personally I would cancel the order. Tiny A. Chalcodes slinges grow slow and burrow. How long before you are bored staring at six holes and buy more Ts. Take the $34 and put it towards an adult Chalcodes. Very easy husbandry,cheap,and hardy. Just my 2 cents I’m new as well.
I am takeing that I to consider ation but let me ask the expert first no offense just saying

Walmart has them, get the 5.5 oz. or smaller deli cups, like the ones in the picture, then set up the deli cup just like the one in this picture. Use eco earth loose substrate from petsmart, like pictured, not the brick kind you have to wet it too much. If they ask you any questions at the pet store or try to help you, tell them you dont need any help.

There are other ways to setup but this is the simple keep your spider alive advice. If you follow this you might succeed, we are here to help. You just have to listen to us and after that you will gain experience.

Once you get all the materials tag me and I will talk you through how to get it setup, we will talk about moisture, feeding and all the other fun stuff. Oh you will need a thumb tac or clothes pin for the vent holes. We will go over this also once you get all the supplies.
Should I just get a grown one yes or no

Ya I only need the cups

Last edited by a moderator:

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
We can’t tell you what you should do. Ask yourself would you rather have a bunch of tiny slings, or one adult.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Should I just get a grown one yes or no
Im no expert by far, I just know what works for me.

If I were in your shoes, here is my honest opinion:
Save the money,
make up your mind on exactly what species you want, and stick to it, don't jump around, ask yourself why you want this species a few times.
Study up on its care and husbandry,
Get its enclosure setup,
Then get you a juvenile of that species.

For you I would recommend a Brachypelma Albopilosum aka curly hair.
Or a GBB.

Again there are many options but this is what I would do.

Jdhdbxbsjs

Arachnopeon
Im no expert by far, I just know what works for me.

If I were in your shoes, here is my honest opinion:
Save the money,
make up your mind on exactly what species you want, and stick to it, don't jump around, ask yourself why you want this species a few times.
Study up on its care and husbandry,
Get its enclosure setup,
Then get you a juvenile of that species.

For you I would recommend a Brachypelma Albopilosum aka curly hair.
Or a GBB.

Again there are many options but this is what I would do.
Well I know every thing about the deserts and I want them because they web like crazy plus I want to feel the accomplishment of raising my own Ts

Jim Cricket

Arachnopeon
Cool, I was thinking of getting one too. Could you post a picture of their webbing?

Status
Not open for further replies.