Do desert blonde Ts live in communitys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No they dont, often there are lots of burrows of same speicies located in certain areas, but that is not comunal. They dont share each other burrows no!
Dont get some bad ideas now!

Jdhdbxbsjs

Arachnopeon
No they dont, often there are lots of burrows of same speicies located in certain areas, but that is not comunal. They dont share each other burrows no!
Can I have them in the same inclisure as slings and raise them with each other or does that not work

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My murderess A. chalcodes would love a few enclosure mates to uh, get to know better. But yeah, no. As a general rule most tarantulas cannot be kept communally.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Unless you want to watch "nature red in tooth and claw" as one tarantula inevitably predates upon its smaller sac mates, the answer is never ever, absolutely not, or just. simply. NO.

Jdhdbxbsjs

Arachnopeon
Unless you want to watch "nature red in tooth and claw" as one tarantula inevitably predates upon its smaller sac mates, the answer is never ever, absolutely not, or just. simply. NO.
Ok thanks I dint want to learn the hard way

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Thank you for the list I’d that the only T that can be in a community
Yeah, that's the only one.

Some people (and some very unscrupulous sellers) will try to tell you that N. incei, Avic and Pokie communals work but I've never seen one that hasn't resulted in cannibalism (the amount of Pokie communals I've seen go tits-up is astounding yet people still insist on doing them) and anyone who claims to have a successful one on the go is just playing the waiting game.

Tarantulas are not communal/social animals.

Jdhdbxbsjs

Arachnopeon

Some people (and some very unscrupulous sellers) will try to tell you that N. incei, Avic and Pokie communals work but I've never seen one that hasn't resulted in cannibalism (the amount of Pokie communals I've seen go tits-up is astounding yet people still insist on doing them) and anyone who claims to have a successful one on the go is just playing the waiting game.

Are M Balfouri expensive or are they cheap

Any way I’m getting 6 desert blonde slings for 34$

Last edited by a moderator:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Actually 15 euros per sling times 5 is 75usd
£ = Pounds sterling. The UK isn't opted into the single currency for the EU (€)

5 of them here would cost the equivalent of $97.20.

Over there you're probably looking at anything between $50 and $75 per sling

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There are some speicies that can live comunal. I kept H villosella for many years comunally. They bred and lived together without problems. H gigas can to. I had a friend that had a communal with adukts and offspring at diffrent suzes living together. There are speicies, but they are few! A chalcodes is nit one of them!

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
You aren't considering keeping a communal of an old world tarantula species, are you? I knew that someone mentioning M.balfouri was going to make this thread go in this direction, I knew it.
Please tell me that I am mistaken in where I think this is going... I have to be mistaken.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
M. balfouri are quite pricey in the US. Compared to the UK or EU, the US has M. balfouri going for $60 per sling. If you want a communal it's going to be hundreds of dollars, also note that M. balfouri are OW T.'s. So they're not beginner friendly and are for the more experienced. Don't be crazy and get a T. just because of some unique qualities if you don't have experience with T.'s or OW T.'s in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.