Do all Spiders need to let their fangs harden before being fed

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I have a Regius Jumping Spider that’s just moulted , I am guessing that just like my Ts you have to let their fangs harden before their fed ? Sorry In advance if I’ve posted this in the wrong section.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I have a Regius Jumping Spider that’s just moulted , I am guessing that just like my Ts you have to let their fangs harden before their fed ? Sorry In advance if I’ve posted this in the wrong section.
That is correct, although it shouldn't take vey long for them to harden, considering their size.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes. When any arthropod molts, the new exoskeleton is initially soft, flexible, and stretchy - this is what allows the animal to expand it, using both air and hydraulic pressure from their own body fluids. Otherwise, they would not be able to grow. The larger the animal, the longer it takes for the body parts to harden after molting. Something small - like a jumping spider - should harden pretty quickly and be able to eat within a day or so, while a large tarantula may not be ready to eat for nearly a week.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I once watched some spider, I think a lyco, rear view eyes thing, just finished with a molt and taking a bath. Fangs extended, a droplet of liquid, venom?, appeared on the end of a fang which it ran it's leg over, through the soft pliable hook. The leg was then stroked over the surface of it's body like polishing a new car in proper yoga-contortionist motions. One leg after another got the treatment and as things progressed I could see the fang obviously getting stiffer. The entire operation took about an hour.