DIY Fogger

Prophet

Arachnosquire
I was looking around at foggers awhile back and almost got one until I found somewhere how to make one since I already had a small humidifier. I'm not in any way great with building things but if anyone has a humidifier already all you really need is some PVC pipe and elbow joints. You can either use some kind of glue to glue in the pipe or like me I just used Duct Tape (its ok to laugh) :astonished: because I plan on reusing the humidifier.
The most difficult part, which is not difficult if you have tools is cutting the pipe to size. A lot of home repair stores will do that for you if you bring them your measurements. I've even cut them with my large garden shears before--whatever works. Anyways I had everything I needed already minus the pipe which cost me about $7 for everything. If anyone is looking for a simple and very effective fogger, turn your old humidifier into one. Its probably easiest if you have one with the hole on top. I've had mine running for over a month and it works flawlessly.
IMG_20171208_104231.jpg IMG_20171208_125753.jpg IMG_20171208_125854.jpg IMG_20171208_125810.jpg

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I did something similar but I used clear tubing and a PVC cap instead. I don't have photos anymore, but I cut/drilled a hole in the cap, put the cap on the humidifier opening and the tubing went right into the enclosure.
This was for a Brazilian Rainbow Boa, not a scorpion though.

Prophet

Arachnosquire
I did something similar but I used clear tubing and a PVC cap instead. I don't have photos anymore, but I cut/drilled a hole in the cap, put the cap on the humidifier opening and the tubing went right into the enclosure.
This was for a Brazilian Rainbow Boa, not a scorpion though.
Hey whatever works right. As I was setting mine up I was almost sure it wasn't going to work good or was going to leak or something. To my amazement its worked perfectly. I thought about tidying up the duct tape some b/c I just tossed it together real quick but just decided to leave it.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Hey whatever works right. As I was setting mine up I was almost sure it wasn't going to work good or was going to leak or something. To my amazement its worked perfectly. I thought about tidying up the duct tape some b/c I just tossed it together real quick but just decided to leave it.
Exactly! If it gets the job done, that's all that matters :)