1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY Fogger

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Prophet, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Prophet

Prophet Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    I was looking around at foggers awhile back and almost got one until I found somewhere how to make one since I already had a small humidifier. I'm not in any way great with building things but if anyone has a humidifier already all you really need is some PVC pipe and elbow joints. You can either use some kind of glue to glue in the pipe or like me I just used Duct Tape (its ok to laugh) :woot: because I plan on reusing the humidifier.
    The most difficult part, which is not difficult if you have tools is cutting the pipe to size. A lot of home repair stores will do that for you if you bring them your measurements. I've even cut them with my large garden shears before--whatever works. Anyways I had everything I needed already minus the pipe which cost me about $7 for everything. If anyone is looking for a simple and very effective fogger, turn your old humidifier into one. Its probably easiest if you have one with the hole on top. I've had mine running for over a month and it works flawlessly.
    IMG_20171208_104231.jpg IMG_20171208_125753.jpg IMG_20171208_125854.jpg IMG_20171208_125810.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. CWilson1351

CWilson1351 Arachnobaron Active Member

I did something similar but I used clear tubing and a PVC cap instead. I don't have photos anymore, but I cut/drilled a hole in the cap, put the cap on the humidifier opening and the tubing went right into the enclosure.
    This was for a Brazilian Rainbow Boa, not a scorpion though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Prophet

Prophet Arachnosquire

Hey whatever works right. As I was setting mine up I was almost sure it wasn't going to work good or was going to leak or something. To my amazement its worked perfectly. I thought about tidying up the duct tape some b/c I just tossed it together real quick but just decided to leave it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CWilson1351

CWilson1351 Arachnobaron Active Member

Exactly! If it gets the job done, that's all that matters :)

• Like Like x 1