DIY enclosure questions

ArachnidSentinl

Arachnoknight
I think those tabs are fine, they arent mangled. Let me know when you find the right balance I'm in the same boat as you
I'm going to attempt using the same exact tabbed black aluminum vents (rountsvents.com or whatever it is) on 3/16 acrylic. I'll let you know how it goes.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah please do. I prefer the silver over black myself. I haven't heard any popularity w/the white vents for T cages. One vendor told me no one asks for white.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like to use acrylic doll display cases and cut 1" holes for the round vents. I prefer the louvered ones to the wire though. The doll cases are nice because the lids are designed to snap on with no seam and you can see everything really well.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like to use acrylic doll display cases and cut 1" holes for the round vents. I prefer the louvered ones to the wire though. The doll cases are nice because the lids are designed to snap on with no seam and you can see everything really well.
Why do you like the louvered ones better?

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If the vents I have dont have the tabs on back .I cut them down on my band saw and leave a little over a 1/16 inch sticking out past the plexi and then use a hammer and role it over , nice look tight fit might want to watch cutting the vents on band saw bare handed i been cutting stuff for 25 years kinda comes natural to me still have 3 fingers on one hand kidding