Divided tank for A. avicularia, A. urticans and P. imperator

nickianderson

Arachnopeon
Just got done setting it up, getting my isopods for it tomorrow and the inhabitants later, that is a fogger on top, simply because its such a tall cage it's hard to keep it humid up high feedback would be awesome, either positive or negative ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353621952.691909.jpg

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey! My positive feed back would be that it looks really great in their for them! I don't know about the scorp, but don't worry huge amounts about the humidity with the avics, just make sure it's not low, ventilation is more important anyway.
My negative would be that divided tanks can end in disaster, if your invertebrates manage to get through to another side (you'd be surprised what they can accomplish) then they'd be eaten or eat the other

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
quite cool, I wouldn't do it myself because it maybe hard to clean individualy especially in the middle, other than that you done a good job.

ragnarokxg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like it. The only thing I would do different is make each its own lid.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

nickianderson

Arachnopeon
I thought about doing separate tops just for the fact that when I want to get to 1 I have to open the lid for all, but it is the kind that allows me to open just the front and I have an amazing boyfriend that helps me with my animals so he can watch one end! As for them getting in together I've tried to push them down and really been rough on everything to make sure it's safe, but I am going to get them 1 at a time and monitor them all day for about a week or so! Thanks for the feedback

nickianderson

Arachnopeon
Oh and the dividers go all the way to the top and bottom under the substrate so the scorps can't burrow under

Fossa

Arachnopeon
I would silicone the dividers in just to make sure, means taking everything out and giving it time to fully cure but its worth doing, I have four tanks like this, three in use and one on the end for housing slings in smaller containers. Can't wait for my GBB to move in in a few months, it will be interesting to see how much he webs it up!

nickianderson

Arachnopeon
I re-sealed the entire tank when I first got it, so when I was putting the dividers in I actually had to push them in to the dried silicone, I tried to push them down and the only thing that happens is the plastic mesh pops out of the guide