Discussion Thread for the Arachnoposters

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i think those are fantastic, but someone should challenge the decision by posting more pix!

Rourke

ArachnoProletariat
Old Timer
JacenBeers,

This is a preposterous thread, and I LOVE it. And I would say that even if you hadn't included one of my pics.

Rourke

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi.
Id say swifty will be on the winning podium, I love his pictures, damn his steady hand :D Jacen has picked a couple of them the P Pulcher is my fav from swifty,its now on my desk top :D

Cheers
Brendan

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
When will they announce the winners? or did I miss it?

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
OMG ..! Cool Pictures!! i wonder when will i ever get such great pics of my Ts .. *droling..*

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Just a thought... bandwidth would be better served if you posted lists or links to the images on Arachnopics instead of having them load in this thread.

Also, as a judge, I must compliment all of the entries. Good work everybody. MJ

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
SpiderShoppe said:
Just a thought... bandwidth would be better served if you posted lists or links to the images on Arachnopics instead of having them load in this thread.

Also, as a judge, I must compliment all of the entries. Good work everybody. MJ
Great idea MJ, thanks! The pictures have now been replaced with links. Not against the rules or anything, just more courteous to others (especially those on dial up). ;)

Thanks to everyone! :)

The Arachnoboards Team

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In my personnal opinion, if Swift's picture of the S. dichromata does not make it on the poster, I will seriously question the seriousnes of the voting pannel! LOL just kidding...

No seriously, to me it is by far the best pic of the contest... great job Kelly...

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
After careful consideration, here are the results as I would like to see them.

Winner for NW Tarantula picture: Lostkat for her picture of C. cyaneopubescens.

Winner for OW Tarantula Picture: Phormingochilus for his picture of T. truculentus.

Thanks to all of the contestants for submitting their entries. The decisions were very hard to come to. I wish there were going to be four pictures. If there were, here are the other two entries that would have like to seen selected:

Runner up for NW Tarantula picture: Metallica for his picture of B. klaasi

Runner up for OW Tarantula picture: Deifiler for his picture of P. regalis

Jon

Windycity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Reference CD's

In addition to the posters, you might consider offering a 2 CD set of full rez pics of the photos submitted. There aren’t may books if any out there which offer such nice reference shots of so many species. The overhead wouldn’t be much and you could more or less burn the CD’s on demand. Just a thought.

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Big Dragonfly said:
The decisions were very hard to come to.

Jon
Indeed, it's not easy to choose from all entries without setting some parameters that differential a good and bad photograph. Especially taking nature subject like a tarantula. Although modern digital camera has enhance the flexibility and with its supremacy resolution. Taking good picture is still not as easy as that.

After looking at comments and views pertaining to the contest. I felt some are choosing their so called "winning" photographs because of its species. And not because gauging from all expects, like COMPOSITION, IF THE TARANTULAS IS IN ITS BEST NATURAL POSTURE (NOT ARTIFICIAL), SHARPNESS, OVEREXPOSED and such.

However, looking at the judging panel. I believed that the choosen photos will be a good one.

Good luck to all.

Regards,

NN

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Big Dragonfly said:
I wish there were going to be four pictures.
Actually there are going to be 24 photos on each poster for a total of 48.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Will each one be blended in with the others so that some ugly details can be hiden? I am having something like the outside of the celendar in mind, am I right??

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
genious_gr said:
Will each one be blended in with the others so that some ugly details can be hiden? I am having something like the outside of the celendar in mind, am I right??
Yes, they are going to be blended somewhat. :)

Debby

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Satanika said:
Yes, they are going to be blended somewhat. :)

Debby
You are going to show the finished product before you sell them right?

Jon

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Arachnoboards said:
Being forced to choose a lesser quality picture because one picture by a person was already picked by the judges is not the way to bring you the best poster possible.

Thank you and we hope to announce the winners soon.

The Arachnoboards Team
Hi All,

I can't agreed more with the changes made by the judging panel.
Indeed, by restricting only to one winining entry per contestant. The quality and standards of the choosen photographs would be somehow very limited.

With this flexibility in the ruling. It ensure that good photograpers works are not being denied due to the previous contest rules.

Good luck to all once again.

Regards,

NN