Discussion Thread for the Arachnoposters

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Mr. Rourke said:
Here's my interpretation:
Mr. Rourke has already posted his FINE entry... good luck against THIS baby!!! {D

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Scott
Since the overall # of submissions seems low, why not open the max entry category a bit...4,5 maybe?

T

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what good will that do? you can have only one winning entree per poster.....

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
metallica said:
what good will that do? you can have only one winning entree per poster.....
Sounds DELICIOUS! :p

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
The point of the 1 winning entry per contest is to spread it out a bit, giving everyone a fair shot. If we do wind up making only 1 poster and increase the winning entries to 2 per contestant per contest, then that would mean that 1 person could possibly have 4 pictures in the poster. That wouldn't spread the possibility of winning enough....

Scott

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Well...Two winning on one poster? Only hoping that if there arent 24 individual exceptional shots , than someone who sent in 3 great ones would fill the void..Like Genious_gr, if he had sent in 3 great 'wolf qaulity' shots, it would help towards the goal of 24 for at least one poster..
T :)

inked

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
can i swap an entry??

i just took a better pic that is suitable for entry.. can i swap one of my pics over?

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
monantony said:
Well...Two winning on one poster? Only hoping that if there arent 24 individual exceptional shots , than someone who sent in 3 great ones would fill the void..Like Genious_gr, if he had sent in 3 great 'wolf qaulity' shots, it would help towards the goal of 24 for at least one poster..
T :)
Heh ... nice try Tony! {D

Debby

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
inked said:
i just took a better pic that is suitable for entry.. can i swap one of my pics over?
Absolutely! Just shoot me an email and we will work it out. :)

Regards,

Debby

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Perhaps if you posted the current entries, others would be encouraged to go out and take more pictures>>>SUBTLE HINT!!! :p

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
MizM said:
Perhaps if you posted the current entries, others would be encouraged to go out and take more pictures>>>SUBTLE HINT!!! :p
Consider the subtle hint not so subtley seconded ;)

-Bryan

Rourke

ArachnoProletariat
Old Timer
TheEternal said:
Consider the subtle hint not so subtley seconded ;)

-Bryan
Wow, that was so subtle that I can't even figure out what they were talking about :? !

But anyway, I had a great idea: Why don't you post the current entries!!

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mr. Rourke said:
Wow, that was so subtle that I can't even figure out what they were talking about :? !

But anyway, I had a great idea: Why don't you post the current entries!!
Scott said he would do that and it's been done so before. I've been hoping to see the entries as well.

laila

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Zipping

May I zip the files before mailing them?

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Was thinking... (YES, it happens SOMETIMES! {D ) perhaps if you posted the contest on the tarantula thread, more people would enter. I know MANY people there who don't peruse the other "departments".

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
MizM said:
Was thinking... (YES, it happens SOMETIMES! {D ) perhaps if you posted the contest on the tarantula thread, more people would enter. I know MANY people there who don't peruse the other "departments".
Hmmm .... good idea. We did put it in the "forum announcements" thread. I will look into it and run it by Scott for his opinion. Thanks Ter! :D

Debby

Windycity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why not open a new folder for the contest entries or short list entries on the Arachnopics site.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Windycity said:
Why not open a new folder for the contest entries or short list entries on the Arachnopics site.
Great Idea that I've actually been contemplating for a bit. Just need to find the time to do so.

Scott