Discussion Thread for the Arachnoposters

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Where people have Klaasis and stuff, and those aphonopelma species.... (I guess they are nw since they are wc in the USA). I'm telling you, I'm lost.
Of course that's my problem, but if I do find anything nice, I'll be back in the game...oh well

Dreaddinit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I read the rules and all but I dont think I seen anything about being a graphics kinda thing? Will that be allowed or does it have to be a regular camera picture? :?

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi Arachnoboard committees,

Can you please elaborate this statement as I don't quite understand:

We would also like for the pictures to be horizontally situated (wider as opposed to higher ex. 640 x 480 as opposed to 480 x 640)

Best regards,

Rourke

ArachnoProletariat
Old Timer
No name said:
Can you please elaborate this statement as I don't quite understand:

We would also like for the pictures to be horizontally situated (wider as opposed to higher ex. 640 x 480 as opposed to 480 x 640)

Best regards,
Here's my interpretation:

Attachments

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Mr. Rourke said:
By the way, can anyone guess the genus?
Rourkeacephalus horizontalus?

I sure hope those aren't your entries, cuz if they are, I don't have a chance!!!! {D

Rourke

ArachnoProletariat
Old Timer
MizM said:
Rourkeacephalus horizontalus?
LMAO!

MizM said:
I sure hope those aren't your entries, cuz if they are, I don't have a chance!!!! {D
Then you should give up NOW MizM, because those are just the low resolution versions! And I have some in COLOR, TOO!!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Mr. Rourke said:
LMAO!

Then you should give up NOW MizM, because those are just the low resolution versions! And I have some in COLOR, TOO!!
Well then the contest might as well end now... NO ONE can compete with the color versions!!! {D ;)

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just mailing my entries in now. It will take 35 minutes on my modem to upload the pictures :eek:

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lopez said:
Just mailing my entries in now. It will take 35 minutes on my modem to upload the pictures :eek:
I had to upload mine with a 56K as well...took 40 something minutes :rolleyes:

later,

Jake

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Release of results

Hi Arachnoboard team,

Just would like to know when will the contestants know the final results of the competition.

Regards,

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
No name said:
Hi Arachnoboard team,

Just would like to know when will the contestants know the final results of the competition.

Regards,

We're still deciding on whether or not we're going to extend the entry deadline so that more people can get their pictures in, so the announcement of the final results is still to be decided.

DE3

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
To get to the point -- my questions: Will the judges view the pictures "as is" only, or will they open them in an imaging program to "tweak'" an unaltered picture ?

If they're viewed and judged "as is" only, what might the general system specs be on the "monitor that matters?"

Or did I miss this topic earlier in the thread? (if so -- sorry)

Thanks

DE3

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
DE3 said:
To get to the point -- my questions: Will the judges view the pictures "as is" only, or will they open them in an imaging program to "tweak'" an unaltered picture ?

If they're viewed and judged "as is" only, what might the general system specs be on the "monitor that matters?"

Or did I miss this topic earlier in the thread? (if so -- sorry)

Thanks

DE3
I'll let Scott and Debby give you the definitive answer, but as a judge I will comment that photos will be viewed "as is", not "tweaked". These photos will be printed, not web published, and photographic quality, focus, composition, etc. will be the things that are judged. A great photo is a great photo regardless of monitor resolution, size, etc. I imagine I am the only one of the three judges who is a Mac user. Will a photo look slightly different on my monitor - a 15" Mac flat panel set at millions of colors and 1024 x 768 resolution - than on Rick's or troll's? Yes. But the difference won't result in a good photo looking great or vice versa. Miniscule differences in hue are insignificant - what makes a photo great is its clear focus, proper depth of field, composition (e.g., eye/head in center, complimentary background, appearance of natural setting [no cage, water dish, vermiculite]) and subject. Hope this helps, Michael

Last edited:

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So when will you be posting some of the entries? I'd like to see what I'm competing against :}

thanks,

Jake