Disabled A. Minatrix Recovery (Bad Molt)

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
@Calelpito

I think the distinction here is what is being called an “ICU.” The traditional ICU intentionally restricts ventilation in order to raise humidity, which often causes the enclosure to be stuffy. This method typically results in your problems getting worse. This is why members here speak loudly against ICUs at the mere mention of them. The OP of this thread kept the spider in a well-ventilated enclosure, which makes a huge difference.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
That's true. I'm wondering if it's not a wet molt, though he doesn't mention them being shiny. Just the 'flatter' description sounds very odd.
That or maybe when he pulled the exo off, it ripped the new exo. Because it sounds like it's losing fluids still.

SpiderQueen666

Arachnopeon
Now:

About 8 months ago:

My little A. minatrix molted a couple days ago and has finally made a full recovery from its bad molt. It has regrown all of its limbs! And judging from the last molt I have a little boy! :D My older A. minatrix is a female, so this is perfect!
Amazing recovery

mechchic84

Arachnopeon
If you would like to dm me pictures of your spiders situation I'd be happy to help give advice about what worked for me. But I would suggest editing you last post to be less rude, it was unnecessary. Everyone here just wants to help and wants what is best for your spider.

Since you moved it back to an ICU I would suggest setting it up similar to how I did mine. Line the bottom of a container with paper towels, put in a water cap, and keep the half with the water cap slightly moist. You dont want the whole container wet. Put in a few fake plants in the container for the sling to hide under or climb on, and make sure there is pleanty of ventalation on the sides of the container. Put the Ts mouth in the water cap often to give it an opportunity to drink.

I'm not the person who you were messaging, but I saw your post and thought it might be helpful. I posted earlier elsewhere because I unboxed a sling earlier today and when I unwrapped the paper towel, it was partially molted. At that point the best I could do is put it in an enclosure and hope for the best. I keep checking on it and it looks like it might be slowly progressing but I think if it manages to survive, it probably is going to be missing most if not all of its legs. One of the legs that keeps wiggling looks like a crazy straw and is clearly sticking through the old carapace. It looks like it might be lifting very slowly out of the old molt but I'm not so sure. It has been about 6 hours. Not sure at what point I should know it is stuck or how long they can live like that. I can see the new abdomen and it is breathing. It wiggles occasionally but mostly looks dead and deformed. What makes this even more frustrating is this was the first sling I have ever unboxed. The other three I got are fine and healthy. I have attached the latest pictures so far.

Attachments