Dirty Jobs with T's scorps, and true spiders

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was at my brothers house last night, he was having a tat party and we were watching that show Dirty Jobs. Well last nights episode was him going with this husband and wife and they did everything from maggot farming for feeding to going out in the wild and they were looking for T's Scorps, and true spiders(mostly black widow). They then took this back to their location, put them in housing and fed them maggots.

No real biggie there, but the rest of the show I thought was really cool, They actually milked all the T's spiders and scorps for their venom. They showed the milking process on each of these. Although what I didn't like so much was that for the T's they gave them a bit of gas to make them sleepy a bit before milking them and squeezed their venom glands. The black widows they milked both dead and alive. I think they said it takes 500 of them to make ONE DROP. The lady says she milks something like 800 black widows A DAY. The scorps seemed very easy to milk, they kinda pinned them down with a plastic lid from their enclosure on the table, and took their tail in a pair of tweezers and touched it to the venom collecting device and boom it was done.

Anyone else catch it? I gotta try and see it again because between everyone talking, and flipping to a different show between commercials I missed a bit. But very cool overall.

Strawberry

Arachnopeon
I saw this a few weeks ago. pretty cool, I would have loved to see them milk a pokie!

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yes i say it last month. they were at " the spider pharm" which is a very unreputable buisness, they have many many bad reviews from many people on the boards and have ripped many people off. also seeing there buisness quarters is pretty discusting in my opinion.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I seen that one. They actually shock the t's to get the venom. They use just enough voltage to stimulate the muscles and squeeze the glands. I never caught what they used to knock them out though.
Looked like a lot of fun collecting those maggots huh. You know if he starts getting sick its gotta be bad.

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes i say it last month. they were at " the spider pharm" which is a very unreputable buisness, they have many many bad reviews from many people on the boards and have ripped many people off. also seeing there buisness quarters is pretty discusting in my opinion.
yeah I wasn't impressed with their set ups either. The Dirty Jobs guy said their maggot trailer was one of the worst rooms he was ever in, and he's seen some bad stuff. They didn't even use flightless fruit flies, so every time you took a breath, it came with a handful of flies.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well to knock the Ts out you use C02 and also did you see the king babon wasbleeding! another thing that disturbed me was how the milked venom in the fridge wasnt labled o dated....