Diplura sp. Rurrenabaque set up and care?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I'm considering getting a 1/2" sling and can find almost no information on care or how to set them up. Any info would be much appreciated :)

Joogvanhedel

Arachnoknight
slightly moist substrate, pair of twigs or cork for anchor points, that is it. They make it completely full of web themselves.. Love this sp, have 8 slings myself :)

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
slightly moist substrate, pair of twigs or cork for anchor points, that is it. They make it completely full of web themselves.. Love this sp, have 8 slings myself :)
Thanks :) Sounds easy enough, basically like a set up for a GBB except with moist substrate. What is the growth rate like? Just wondering if I should set it up in a 16oz deli cup to begin with rather than a 4 oz like I would for most slings. From the little information I've gathered they are very fast and unpredictable and their venom is no joke so I'd like to limit rehousings as much as possible. Beautiful spiders, I've been looking at them for some time but rarely see any for sale.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yes, they are basically 'GBB' (for their love to web the hell out of everything) combined with other-worldly speed. The care is basically like Linothele megatheloides so, on that sense, what said above by you, above, is spot on :)

As far the growth rate, I think it's a 'mild' one. About the venom potency unfortunately there's not that much out there, but yes, I definitely think that a bite would be more painful than the normal NW T's.

Last edited:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I ordered the sling today, should ship on Monday. Also added a H. pulchripes to the order because shipping and all, you know. That's my excuse :angelic:

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
I'm considering these, what food do they prefer? I'm seeing crickets posted elsewhere, just want to be sure, Thanks!

Last edited:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I'm considering these, what food do they prefer? I'm seeing crickets posted elsewhere, just want to be sure, Thanks!
Mine was very tiny when I got it, I fed it pinhead red runners and after a couple of molts it's eating slightly larger red runners. It's still very small, but is a very good eater.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Mine was very tiny when I got it, I fed it pinhead red runners and after a couple of molts it's eating slightly larger red runners. It's still very small, but is a very good eater.
Thanks, from what I've read so far they don't get too big anyway. Look forward to trying this beauty out, thank you for the quick reply.