Diplocentrus spitzeri Sting

Have you ever been stung by a scorpion and felt no pain?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joshuch2002

Arachnopeon
I got stung my my Diplocentrus spitzeri about 2-5 minutes ago and decided to post how it felt while I still remember. I was feeding my scorpion a large mealworm and she didn't want it so i had to hand it to her with my hands. I had to try multiple times and after about the 5th try she stung me. The sting didn't last long so it might have been a dry sting. I felt a prick on my finger and had moved my finger away to see the sting. NO PAIN AT ALL. The site of the sting got a little red and stung for about 5-10 seconds and then COMPLETELY WENT AWAY. The pain was less than a common ant's sting. Imagine a tiny needle going into your finger for a second with alcohol on the alcohol so it stings for a few seconds because that is how PAINLESS the sting was. I was surprised as that was not what i was expecting. Hope this helps. NEVER INTENTIONALLY GET STUNG MY A NEW SPECIES OF SCORPION, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT REACTION YOU WILL HAVE TO THE VENOM. I WAS LUCKY BUT YOU MAY NOT BE.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Maybe it was a dry sting? Perhaps it was not really intending to pump you full of venom, just trying to scare you away?