1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different species of millipedes together?

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by N!Nj4_M!k3, Jun 9, 2005.

1. N!Nj4_M!k3

N!Nj4_M!k3 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Just wondering, Can different species of millipedes be kept together? I've never noticed mine to be aggresive in any form, but i'd hate to put them in a situation where they would be. I've always thought a larger tank with different species would be quite aesthetically pleasing.

also, what types of millipedes can be kept in groups of the same species?

thanks for the time guys.

mike

2. cacoseraph

cacoseraph ArachnoGod Old Timer

some millipedes can secrete defensive goo... the goo might be bad for other species.

but i've heard of other ppl keeping exotic millipedes together w/o much in the way of problems

i keep maybe 5-10 species of little local (So. CA, USA) millipedes together and they've been fine... even breeding and making the babies :)

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Arachnopeon

I keep several species together but always from the same continent.

4. Greg Pelka

Greg Pelka Arachnobaron Old Timer

I keep three species from all over the world, and I don`t thik they`re unhappy :)

5. Crunchie

Crunchie Arachnoangel Old Timer

I only keep african species but my friend keeps Africans, Americans and all sorts in the same tank with no problems. Though I'm currently doing an experiment with one species which doesn't seem to get on well in my community cage, not sure if this is due to other millipedes or something else. :8o

I find the giant blacks, red legged, olives, tanzanian pinks, bronze most flats are all completely non-aggressive to each other.

Attached Files:

6. N!Nj4_M!k3

N!Nj4_M!k3 Arachnopeon

Thanks alot, hopefully i'll have pictures up soon of my community tank.

7. xBurntBytheSunx

xBurntBytheSunx Arachnoprince Old Timer

wow your millies look awesome! where did you get them at? i love my millies but haven't found any that are very colorful

8. Crunchie

Crunchie Arachnoangel Old Timer