Different Androctonus Sp. Friendly with each other???

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Androctonus sp. Have become by far my favorite scorps In the hobby. Specifically "Hector" as I've made it so clear all over the forum lol

Over the weeks / months of googling different kinds different morphs etc... I keep seeing Australis is "comparison photos" with other Androctonus scorps. As the title says, are Androctonus scorps friendly with each other? Im sure communally mixing wouldn't work. BUT how friendly are they with one another?

Here s a few pics I've dug up for examples look to be
Bi - color
Mauritanicus Screenshot_20170630-183754.png IMG_1044.JPG Screenshot_20170630-185149.png Screenshot_20170630-184844.png

RTTB

Arachnoprince
They just posed them for pics. Turn the light off overnight and there will be only one alive in the morning.

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
Only Androctonus I've ever tried to keep communally was Amoreuxi. It ended in cannibalism. Even though they were siblings, in a massive terrarium, and had literally eaten crickets the day before. I wouldn't put anything in with my Hector unless I wanted it dead lol. He's too aggressive. I too want a communal setup. From what I keep seeing on here I think it will be with Parabuthus. They seem very tolerant of others.

Stugy

Arachnolord
As the others said, don't try it. It'll eventually end in cannibalism. I did see there was a thread a while back (found it from a picture on Google lmao) where a guy seemed to have some degree of success in keeping about 3 adult A.mauritanicus in I think he said it was a 20gal. But you'll have to give 'em pretty big feeds or try feeding them every chance you get lol.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
As the others said, don't try it. It'll eventually end in cannibalism. I did see there was a thread a while back (found it from a picture on Google lmao) where a guy seemed to have some degree of success in keeping about 3 adult A.mauritanicus in I think he said it was a 20gal. But you'll have to give 'em pretty big feeds or try feeding them every chance you get lol.

Actually I've been told by several long time scorp keepers that they have had A LOT of success keeping Mauritanicus communally with no problem.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I never had intentions on mixing in that way I was just curious as to how friendly they are with one another because I assumed they would be aggressive towards each other instantly, based off both scorps indiviaual reputations for bring fiesty and yes hectors are EXTREMELY aggressive all 4 of mine are by far my fastest and meanest in my collection

Roy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wish I saw this thread earlier.

I've kept Androctonus mauritanicus, bicolor and australis (Hector Tunisia) together in an enclosure because I wanted to compare tail sizes and see how they act towards each other. They were all mature adult specimens, male and female, and I fed them all before putting them in. I wish I had taken pictures or videos of it.

The bicolors ended up getting bullied and swatted away by the tails of much bigger and tankier australis hectors, especially by the big male. (female was pretty mean as well) This happened every time they were in the way of a hector.

The hectors did not try that with the mauris as they all just huddled in a corner and stayed out of the way. Given the size/stockiness of the mauritanicus, I don't think they would give in, anyway- it takes a lot of prodding with my feeding tongs to get them to even react. I separated the individuals after an hour or two of observation- both male and female bicolors would have ended up getting eaten by the australis, I'm certain of it.

I keep my MATURE ADULT mauritanicus communally, and have never had issues with cannibalism. They like to group together in the same hide. Overall, I really like them the best out of all Androctonus species-then again, I've never kept crassicauda or the "newer" Androctonus species like baluchicus or gonneti, so I can't say much about those.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Woulda been cool convo when i saw you an hour ago!!!! Cant Waite for these Mauritanicus to grow

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
From what I keep seeing on here I think it will be with Parabuthus. They seem very tolerant of others.
Not really. If you want a communal set up stick with Centruroides sculpturatus or another Centruroides spp.

Crom

Arachnosquire
From what ive heard transval can be kept communally fairly easily.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
@ArachnoDrew ....... @gromgrom also kept P transvaalicus with a P liosoma before but not sure how long they stayed that way
I know from seeing crates of scorpions being opened many years ago .... there were androctonus australis , hottentotta trilineatus + parabuthus transvaalicus all in the same crate with no obvious dead specimens in there so im sure it is completely possible

apo8ira7

Arachnopeon
helloo!!! i have 2 androctonus bicolor (captive breed) male and female together from slings and are together already 3 years without problem... the measures for terrarium are 25x25cm :):)

Attachments

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
helloo!!! i have 2 androctonus bicolor (captive breed) male and female together from slings and are together already 3 years without problem... the measures for terrarium are 25x25cm :):)
Nice enclosures, lovely set ups! Your scorpions are beautiful specimens... love that one on the little "rock house" with its tail in the air... and those two in the corner. Just adorable (for a highly venomous species)!