did some pairing last night

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
awe man.. poor marshalli =[ did not need that image in my head when im pairing some T's [dif sp] within next few days =\

Last edited:

awiec

Arachnoprince
I would say can I borrow that male but my female darlingi hasn't molted in a year so with my luck she'd molt right after I pair her.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Warm her up and feed her well. Although my girl likes to double clutch so i should be swarming in slings, again.
I would say can I borrow that male but my female darlingi hasn't molted in a year so with my luck she'd molt right after I pair her.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Warm her up and feed her well. Although my girl likes to double clutch so i should be swarming in slings, again.
She is very bountiful in the bottom department, I'm sure with the summer she will get a new dress.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
More than likely. Ill probably pair my female one more time, then keep the male cooled down and on hold.
She is very bountiful in the bottom department, I'm sure with the summer she will get a new dress.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
[
What happens to a mature male Ceratogyrus marshalli when the female goes from receptive to hungry faster than i can go from watching to intervening.
I just paired up a darlingi female, she's my biggest, and with a fat abdomen. The male was small and wiry. Within a minute she tapped in response to him, and approached, looking eager. As his front legs touched her, she could tell he was small; she changed her mind and decided to instantly grab him and eat him instead. Poor little guy, he had big aspirations.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That really sucks. Too bad you couldnt have known that was going to happen before hand, and placed the female into a nuetral enclosure to get her out of her element. I do that sometimes. One thing i hate is when you get a big beautiful mature male, and he ends up being worthless. But then sometimes the smallest of mature males make the best efforts. Just depends on their individuality.
I just paired up a darlingi female, she's my biggest, and with a fat abdomen. The male was small and wiry. Within a minute she tapped in response to him, and approached, looking eager. As his front legs touched her, she could tell he was small; she changed her mind and decided to instantly grab him and eat him instead. Poor little guy, he had big aspirations.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
That really sucks. Too bad you couldnt have known that was going to happen before hand, and placed the female into a nuetral enclosure to get her out of her element. I do that sometimes. One thing i hate is when you get a big beautiful mature male, and he ends up being worthless. But then sometimes the smallest of mature males make the best efforts. Just depends on their individuality.
I've had tiny males breed successfully (although they didn't survive the encounters), so I thought this guy would get an insertion and I'd get him out right after. I could almost see the female thinking: 'Oh, you're a little one. Today just isn't your day.'

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah sometimes it doesnt work out no matter what. Ive had tiny males do amazing jobs, go back in for seconds and thirds, and make it out just fine. Then get paired with multiple females. I had a tiny male P. lugardi try with everything he had with all three of my females. One female was even barricaded shut in webbing, and he tore it open and made her come out. The largest female was 3 times his size, and was vicious to him, but he kept following her right back inside her hide. I eventually gave up on all three females, and left him overnight with the biggest female. Next day he was gone. But he tried very hard.
I've had tiny males breed successfully (although they didn't survive the encounters), so I thought this guy would get an insertion and I'd get him out right after. I could almost see the female thinking: 'Oh, you're a little one. Today just isn't your day.'

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cyriocosmus bertae sac pulled. Not good, so far still eggs. Probably wont develop.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Speaking of tiny males, I just had an I mira male mature, at not much over 2". Is this the norm for them?

awiec

Arachnoprince
holy cow.. dwarf is almost an understatement on a 2" T lol
I've caught local fishing spiders bigger than that, kudos to them though, you have to be very tenacious to go up to a lady twice your size.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli sac pulled. There is 85 great looking ewls. Also i might have a Poecilotheria rufilata sac, but she is webbed up so much i cant see in.