Did I Hurt My Tarantula?? :(

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Doesnt' look like a MM in the photos.

Grats on the molt, Ashes! You will have to post some 'after' pics! :D
I just saw that LOL...not a mature male.

Here is a MM A. hentzi:

Zman181

Arachnoknight
:D I was on the edge of my seat for this whole thread as well. Amazing how it all turned out.

Good Luck Ashley :cool:

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
excited!

Wow i have read this whole post and it has me sooo excited! i love tarantulas and it is great you got to help this one! its pretty awsome she is molting! hope to see the pictures soon! :)

Lisa Gayle 713

Arachnopeon
Kudos, Ashley! You saved a life! :clap::clap::clap::clap: I'm looking forward to the after shots of Athen'a molt.

Ashes44

Arachnopeon
So Cool!

So Athena is still in the molting process. But you can see where she has removed herself from parts of her exo!!! Can't wait to show you guys when she's all done!
Keep hopin/prayin she's successful!!

Ashes44

Arachnopeon
Oh

And don't worry, I'm not bothering her. Just took a peek over the top when I woke up this morning to see if she was out...

Ashes44

Arachnopeon
Just so I know...

Is there going to be a point where I should start worrying that she might be stuck? How long could the molting process take? And if she should happen to get stuck in her old skin, is there anything I can do to help her out?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It could take anywhere from 30 minutes to as long as 24 hours..
I have read before that someone had a G. rosea (I believe) take almost 48 hours to molt..

The only thing you can do to help is leave her alone..
You might add some water to her enclosure.. Like a bigger water dish.. Just to up the humidity.. But that might not help much.. Since the best hydration during molting is internal hydration.. Though you can still do it to help a little..

If by chance she does get stuck.. You may try cutting her out.. BUT.. That does not mean she will make it.. I have read it being done.. (Never had to myself..) So I cant really say how to do that... If by chance you do get her cut out there is still a high chance she does not survive.. But there is still a chance..

How long has she been on her back & how far is she currently out?
Can you get a picture of her.. Opening the container shouldnt bother her to much... I do it alot when my critters are molting.. I have never had a problem...

Ashes44

Arachnopeon
I don't know exactly how long it has been. Maybe 12 hours. She is IN her water dish (she drank it all within a day and then I guess decided that's where she wanted to turn over). Should I put another water thing in there? AND I have no idea where my camera is. It may have been stolen by a 5 year old :(

Ashes44

Arachnopeon
Don't Know What to Think...

So Athena hasn't made any progress since my last post...which was forever ago. I think she may be saying bye for good this time. She is still moving when I come into the room she's in, but she's not making progress with her molt. I can't even explain how upset I am after spending this much time with her and watching her thrive...only for her to not make it through her first molt with me.
I am gonna study and study and study before I bring my next T home, because I can't handle this kind of sadness. Thank you to everyone for so much support and encouragement. It has gotten us this far.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So sorry to hear this... :( I honestly am stuck with offering any help with a stuck T.. I ahve never experianced it..

Maybe she is just old.. You did do your best & you gave her alot longer in the world.. :) You made the best of her life that was left & you should be happy about that.. :)

With what you have done with this girl.. I think you can handle another critter without any worries... ;)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Aww shucks :( I really hope she manages to pull through this for you!

I've heard also that if they get stuck, you can take a Q-tip and moisten the area they are stuck at and that still needs to come out... they get stuck because the fluid between their old and new exoskeletons dry out and they can't slide anymore... so if you re-hydrate the exo's it might help...

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hope she makes it been following this thread with baited breath, keep us updated Ashley

Ashes44

Arachnopeon
Wth?!

She has flipped back over. She decided not to molt? This spider hates me and wants me to have a heart attack...goodness gracious. Maybe she will try again in the next few days??

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She has flipped back over. She decided not to molt? This spider hates me and wants me to have a heart attack...goodness gracious. Maybe she will try again in the next few days??
LoL... Geeze.. That girl is just teasing you... {D Atleast she is fine..
Thats the good thing! :D