Desertic/rainforest natural terrarium

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Hello !

As I am currently working on desertics/rainforest terrariums that would be used for my GBB/OBT/LP/Chilo (with 30x30x30 cm / 11,8x11,8x11x8 inch exoterras), I'd like you to share me some of your naturals terrariums if you consent.. :D

The idea would be to mimic the natural habitat of the concerned tarantula.

Which substrate would you used for a rainforest terrarium / desertic ? Branchs ? Leaves ?

There's plenty of pics on google, but I'd just want to see yours :)

crystalfreakkk

Arachnosquire
D375FE56-639D-4CFE-9BDC-B68CE80B55A8.jpeg E03B7295-DABC-4EE9-B1D5-5A2DF3E71A28.jpeg This is my “desert” habitat for my chilean rose tarantula. It’s pretty simple but it turned out well.

Last edited:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Ecologically, environmentally, something to keep in mind. Many rain forests are in fact deserts for a few months every year. As dry, parched and hot as it gets.
I often wonder about our local Minax. Right now, it's bone dry clay and 100F. During the rainy season, their holes turn into swamps and it seems it would be impossible for them to really get dry for weeks at a time.

Last edited:

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
View attachment 268814 View attachment 268815 This is my “desert” habitat for my chilean rose tarantula. It’s not pretty simple but it turned out well.
Wow looks nice :D

Ecologically, environmentally, something to keep in mind. Many rain forests are in fact deserts for a few months every year. As dry, parched and hot as it gets.
I often wonder about our local Minax. Right now, it's bone dry clay and 100F. During the rainy season, their holes turn into swamps and it seems it would be impossible for them to really get dry for weeks at a time.
Yeah, I've heard this, kinda hard to believe. I just like this rainforest floor side with dead leaves and moss everywhere

Otteresting

Arachnoknight
Desertic would be for an OBT and GBB, rainforest would be for my LP and Chilobrachys.

crystalfreakkk

Arachnosquire
Desertic would be for an OBT and GBB, rainforest would be for my LP and Chilobrachys.
I’ve seen some pretty elaborate enclosures. I’ve seen some with working waterfalls that were pretty cool. With your GBB it’s probably going to web up the whole thing anyways.

CloseLeech

Arachnopeon
For substrate I would personally use a mix of different substrates for a more realistic feel. Possibly a mix of Eco-Earth (Or a similar Product), Peat moss, and just a little bit of sand to help hold its form. A little bit of dead leaves mixed in wouldn't hurt as well. Peat moss will help retain moister because if you go the Rain forest Setup. If you are going desert I would take out the peat moss.