Desert Tarantulas

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Unlike common believe, there a few Brachypelma species that adapt well in desert like environment in captivity, same with Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. Some of these species I have them in desert set ups. Through my years of experience of keeping these beauties in a desert like environment they've done extremely well with no problems for many years.

In 1990 I purchased a Brachypelma vagans for an x-girlfriend of mine, the vagans enclosure/environment was set up with white silica sand, she lived in that environment for 8 years. My x-girlfriend and I broke up from that point on I don't know what happened to her spider.
I was meaning to find your other thread. What size sand do you use for this?

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Other than the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens are there any other interesting desert dwelling T's that are commonly kept as pets? As a native to So Cal I've always enjoyed the desert. I loved creating a naturalistic desert vivarium for my GBB but would be interested in finding other species that live in a similar environment. Any recommendations.
Well, if you're looking for a "desert" species as in it literally lives in/on sand then you could always go with a Sicarius. But obviously that isn't a tarantula and they're super venomous.