Desert Millipedes better Survival Shipping

ArtisticAardwolf

Arachnosquire
Do orthoporus ornatus have a better chance at surviving being shipped to me than Florida Ivories? (I live in Arizona and it gets HOT)

My original plan was to get ivories from bugsincyberspace but what I didn't realize is that it would take two days for them to get to me and they'd have to pass through Phoenix, so he won't ship them right now (understandably)

I am looking into other sellers who live closer, and since the golden desert ones were my second choice I was curious as to whether they'd be safer shipping since they are native to the Sonoran desert (which I live on the edge of lol)

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
They are more heat tolerant, yes, but even Orthoporus sp. cannot deal with triple-digit heat for 2-3 days straight. They aren't naturally on the surface during the summer; they are buried a foot or two down where the temperature likely never gets above 75F.
I would suggest waiting till it starts to cool down, or since you live so close to their natural range, wait till it rains and then collect them yourself.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts