Desert hairy scorpion temperature

Cheyenne Exotics

Arachnopeon
I recently aquire a desert hairy scorpion, he is in a 10 gallon tank with 5 inches of substrate. I have a 75 watt heat bulb over the enclosure. This gives the piece of wood a 114 degree surface temp at the hottest. Is this too hot for it? I know they are from Arizona but is this acceptable? I turn it off at night and it cools down to about 65-70 in the tank

Chickenfeeder100

Arachnosquire
Well, stick a thermometer deep in the ground and check the temperature, my guess that it should be around 70 degrees will be suitable.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
They are fine in the 60-80 degree range. Additional heating not necessary unless the room it is kept in is cold.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I recently aquire a desert hairy scorpion, he is in a 10 gallon tank with 5 inches of substrate. I have a 75 watt heat bulb over the enclosure. This gives the piece of wood a 114 degree surface temp at the hottest. Is this too hot for it? I know they are from Arizona but is this acceptable? I turn it off at night and it cools down to about 65-70 in the tank
114 degree surface? Yes that is too hot ...

Mine live in room temperature in winter and slightly above room temperature in Summer. Mid 60s to low 70s in winter, high 70s to low 80s in Summer.