Desert Hairy Scorpion or Baby Vinegaroon-which one is a better choice?

Godzillaalienfan1979

Arachnoknight
Hi, all

So, I visited a pet store-I gave up my pursuit of the Vietnamese Giant Centipede and tried Scorpions instead. I saw two terrariums right next to each other-one held a few Baby Vinegaroons (approx.1-2 inches in length), and the other held a solitary Desert Hairy Scorpion (juvenile-adult, approx.4 inches in length). I am conflicted in opinions, so I need help. Oh yeah, and I have a terrarium (2'x10"x1') already set up from forever ago (probably needs a substrate change). It is a jungle-type terrarium. The Desert Hairy Scorpion was $59.99, and the Baby Vinegaroon was $49.99. I'd like your opinions on:

(and yes, before you tell me, I know, if I pick the Desert Hairy, I need to change the substrate)
  • Which one is more durable and likely to survive the dreaded moult?
  • Which one will cause less harm to its hyooman?
  • Which one is less-likely to escape?
  • Which one is cheaper in the long run?
  • Which one would be a smarter idea overall?
  • Which one must eat its discarded exoskeleton?
  • Which one is more active?
  • Which one is more likely to be seen by its viewer(s)?
  • Which one is more reliant on water bowls?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Those prices are way overpriced. Criminally overpriced. $15-$25 would be the range for either and can be found cheaper.

Daniel Edwards

Arachnoknight
Pricey but if the animals look good and includes the container, go for it! I have both and wouldn't want my collection to never have one of both! However I am quite partial to my vinny but for different reasons... i can handle him!