Desert Beetles

starnaito

Arachnosquire
In effort to introduce my young godson to invert care and appreciation, I'm planning to get him a communal enclosure with a small group of various death feigning beetles. In the process of researching and deciding where to buy the beetles, I came across the diabolical ironclad beetle. I'm wondering if these beetles are able to live successfully with the death feigning species, or if they have any different requirements to thrive. For example, I've read that they will eat wood fungus, but will they do fine just eating the fruits, veggies, and grains for the other beetles? Are there any other types of beetles or other inverts I can add to the community?

I welcome any other tips for a communal setup like this, too! My godson is only 5, and I hope this will be a good start for him in respecting inverts before he's ready to meet my tarantulas. :)

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You can keep them with the death feigning beetles without any issue. If you can find wood fungus they'll likely eat it, but I don't think it's required unless you're trying to get them to reproduce.