Dendroaspis polylepis

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
not that i want to keep one,....
but just intrested if the're any boardmembers here that keep besides arachnids some poisonous snakes,.... specially mamba's etc..... :?

and how they ended up keeping those ??????

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by gongyles
not that i want to keep one,....
but just intrested if the're any boardmembers here that keep besides arachnids some poisonous snakes,.... specially mamba's etc..... :?

and how they ended up keeping those ??????
I dont keep mambas, just 5 species of rattlesnakes. I always been interested in reptiles since I was a kid when I captured vipers etc. So after 10 years of keeping non-venomous I got some venomous.
Next year Im getting a pair of chinese cobras, looking forward to that.

/Lelle

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
i've noticed you're from Sweden,.... is it legal to keep "hots" there
as it is not permitted by law here in Belgium,... in the Netherlands just 10 min. from where i live it is legal,.... fucked up country Belgium :rolleyes:

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by gongyles
i've noticed you're from Sweden,.... is it legal to keep "hots" there
as it is not permitted by law here in Belgium,... in the Netherlands just 10 min. from where i live it is legal,.... fucked up country Belgium :rolleyes:
It depends on where in Sweden you live, some towns have banned keeping hots (and all snakes!), in other towns you need a permit for keeping hots and some towns have no regulations at all.

Well, then you can rent a facility in Holland to keep the snakes in if its just 10 min away ;-)

/Lelle