Delivery Dilemma

OUChevelleSS

Arachnopeon
I'm thinking about getting a couple of T's. The problem is I'm in my dorm room at college, where the only pets 'allowed' are fish. I currently have my A. versicolor here, no big deal. I'm wondering though if I get a couple more spiders delivered here, do you think DHL/Airborne (who would most likely deliver from Swift's) would bring it up to my room? If they did I'd be able to track it and wait on it. If not, what they would most likely do is leave it with the mini-post office in my dorm tower. They'd see it was live animals and probably 'alert' somebody. I know UPS has brought a few things up to my room before but they were bigger boxes.

I'm just wondering if anyone had ever tried to do anything like this and 'beat the system' to get their T's or if anyone knew the policies for delivery like that or anything. Kind of an odd question I know, but just curious...

Thanks!

misfitsfiend

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well the box wouldnt say LIVE CONTENTS. Maybe you can get away with it. And if your not sure just call dhl or sumthing and tell them how you would want it taken care of. Im sure theres something they can do. Good luck!

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They will deliver anything to whereever you want it to go. Leave directions to deliver to YOUR door, and they'll do it.
Btw, its no one's business whats in your package, so dont worry about them finding out. Oh, and unless you have an agreement with these companies about shipping live animals, I wouldn't put LIVE ANIMALS on the box. Ive heard of many people doing this without getting in trouble for it, but its too risky.
More than likely they'll tell you NO about shipping live animals anyway.

~Crystal

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It might also depend on your particular dorm. I used to live in a dorm that was reputed to be one of the 10 largest in the western hemisphere or some junk. At that dorm ALL mail and deliveries went to the Postal Services center. Especially b/c getting past the main area to the rooms required a swipe of your student ID.

If you've had pkgs delivered directly to your room before this shouldn't be a problem. Also, like other have mentioned, most vendors aren't going to put the words "LIVE TARANTULAS" or anything like it on the package.

Rounder

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
could you not pick it up from UPS or DHL if you are that worried about it? I'm pretty sure you can can do that if you prefer.