DEAD and or DYING PINK TOE HELP SAVE PLEASE

marcbuzz

Arachnopeon
i have had the t for only about a week it is a spiderling it was was in a weird position when i left for school when i got back its legs where curled underneath it self when i move her legs she brigs them back in when i move the cage a little she move slightly i put her in a ICU is what it said to do on google witch is a container lined with wet paper towel to help with dehydration if that is what is wrong PLEASE HELP ME SAVE HER i believe she is still alive but barley she ate two 3 days ago and has had access to water

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
best thing you can do is leave her in the ICU, dont bother her, and see what happens..hope she pulls through

Toogledoo

Arachnoknight
This has happened to a few of my Avics before. They were just dehydrated. I sprayed the sides of their enclosures, they drank, and recovered. In my experience, my Avic slings get dehydrated faster and easier than my others. I hope it recovers.

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
Keep the ICU somewhere slightly warmer than room temps. I've seen some mention top of the refrigerator.

marcbuzz

Arachnopeon
after leaving her in icu she started to move her legs out from under her but when i checked on her today now she has curled back into death curl and is stiff as a board and will no longer move i think she is done for pretty bummed didn't have her long spent 60 bucks on her this sucks if their is a chance she is still holdin on what should i do

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
did you get it at a pet store? and you should leave her alone until she starts stinking, then you will know she is dead...i had one in horrible shape from winter shipping, and i got it to pull through and is now growing strong..

LucasNorth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
60 for a pink toe sling is robery, Avics do require high humidity and without misting dehydration is a huge problem.
You did what you could for her and if you truely believe she is making no recovery (i suggest waiting 48 hours since being placed in ICU)
then its your decision to "euthanize", I had this with a H. incei sling which mysteriously death curled and made no progress in ICU.
I'm sorry for your lose (still have hope though) and I know its discouraging but these things happen and Avics are infamous for sling deaths.
Maybe purchase an adult next or a more hardy species and best of luck too you.

marcbuzz

Arachnopeon
i got her off line for 12.99 and over night shipping was 30 and she looks pretty much dead no movement

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well that makes $43, but that doesnt matter...im just hoping she will make it through...

ImDeadly

Arachnosquire
Yeah if you really want a pink toe, just go the next expo in your area and purchase a 3 incher or so for 20 bucks like me. No shipping!!!