Day vs Night Mating

indigoeyes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had a question. Has anyone noticed a difference with success rate when mating during the day, versus at night?
I have a male A. geniculata "Shark Caged" with my female. About half an hour after I put his tank in there, she crawled up on top of it and hasn't moved off of it in 5 days. I'm thinking she might be used to his pheramones and ready to mate, but she is SOOOOO pissy. I thought maybe if I tried to mate them during the night, she might be more receptive? Just a thought.

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would just do it whenever, is she is seeming to want to breed then she will if he will. I would just go for it.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have not noticed any difference in my attempts (I mean, my tarantula's attempts!) in day or night. Brandon's right, it seems that if they want to breed, they will, and it doesn't seem to matter what time of day. However, I HAVE noticed that some won't breed with the lights shining on them, and me looking at them... :)
In those cases I've taken a chance, and left them alone for a few hours, both during the day, and at night. Of course, the possibility of the male getting munched goes up quite a bit!

BBlack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Barry White makes a big difference for me... but then I've never made it with a T so ignore me.

Actually I've never made it with anything. hey Barry Sux!

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
I've been tring to get some eggs out of my T. blondi couple, and she seems to be much more willing in the later hours of the day.

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
Originally posted by BBlack
Barry White makes a big difference for me... but then I've never made it with a T so ignore me.

Actually I've never made it with anything. hey Barry Sux!
:D :D :D :D

indigoeyes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for your help. I tried last might at around 8:pm. They just sat there for a few minutes, then he went behind her hide. The noise startled her, so she fanged him through the carapace and ate him. Poor little guy, never had a chance. So no geniculata babies for me. :(

Then, to add injury to insult, my VERY pregnant versicolor molted! DAMNIT! I am not having any luck with this. The one T I haven't attempted to breed, my petshop Avic avic, is the only one to have given me an eggsack!:rolleyes: