Species Davus pentaloris

Ferfer

Arachnopeon
I was recently got 2 of these. The couple had gotten married and the girl said they had to go. I think they are very beautiful T's. :cute:
Makes me want to spend more time searching the fruits and veggies when I go grocery shopping, lol. :biggrin:
Good luck with the little guy.

kaiserbrandon

Arachnopeon
thanks guys. Btw, he has made a burrow and has stayed there for quite some time. Can I expect him to come out and wander around from time to time, or be like my emperor scorpion and rarely come out in the open?

Ferfer

Arachnopeon
From all I have read about them they burrow, but tend to be great display T's. Neither of mine stay in the burrows for very long, but you know how everyone can be different.

synyster

Arachnobaron
Really good score! The coloration looks more like Metriopelma zebratum though...

kaiserbrandon

Arachnopeon
Really good score! The coloration looks more like Metriopelma zebratum though...
hmm, alright. When I brought it into a local pet store, the guy I talked to thought it looked like a Trinidad Tiger Rump. I did some of my own research (I have never dealt with tarantulas before, all the spiders I have to identify are local), and I had thought I nailed it with Cyclosternum fasciatum. However, it does look like Metriopelma zebratum though. I honestly can't really tell the difference other than the former having brighter red striped, and the latter having paler red stripes.

Ferfer

Arachnopeon
I honestly can't really tell the difference other than the former having brighter red striped, and the latter having paler red stripes.
In my opinion the headshape is different in the 2. I really think this is the Cyclosternum fasciatum. The picture is of the Metriopelma Zebratum.

Last edited:

synyster

Arachnobaron
Well differenciating C.fasciatum and M.zebratum on a picture is really hard. I just mentioned the possibility of it being M.zebratum too because of the carapace coloration which is more on the orange side than the pinkish of C.fasciatum. You did nail it though ;)

Ferfer

Arachnopeon
Thankyou, I have 2 C.fasciatum and thought it looked alot like them. I can see though where it is hard to identify using pics. There is so much that a camera can't catch. I wasn't trying to be rude or ugly though, just offering my opinion. :D

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 2 c. fasciatum slings and they have totally opposite personalites
one likes burrows and is almost never seen out of it and likes digging
the other one i have is almost twice the size (even though they are sacmates - a molt ahead) and made its own hide and webbed it up pretty nicely and is often visible.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
My tiny Cyclosternum fasciatum named Thing. I've only had it 5 weeks and hadn't seen him for almost 2 weeks. I began to think it was dead but lo and behold he reappeared.