Davus Pentaloris/Cyclosternum Fasciatum

Michael Pintal

Arachnopeon
Does anyone know if a Davus Pentaloris and a Cyclosternum Fasciatum are the same species? Supposedly the D. Pentaloris is from Guatemala and the C. Fasciatum is from Costa Rica, would that make them a different species or are they two the same tarantula?
Thanks Mike

athlete96

Arachnosquire
Quick google search says yes. I know davus pentaloris is a new revision from davus fasciatus..

Michael Pintal

Arachnopeon
Thanks, I bought 2 labeled Davus Pentaloris about 8 months ago and bought 2 labeled as Cyclosternum Fasciatum 4 months ago and there is a slight difference in the pattern on the abdomen lines and the Davus Pentaloris and the Cyclosternum Fasciatum are supposedly from different regions, that's what confuses me, as soon as I can figure out how to add photos I will.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Davus pentaloris (ex. Cyclosternum pentalore) is a different species as Davus fasciatus (ex. Cyclosternum fasciatum). Davus fasciatus is not in the hobby.

Davus pentaloris was mistakenly sold on mass scale as Cyclosternum fasciatum in the past. Some still wrongly selling it as that now.

You will have 4x Davus pentaloris

Michael Pintal

Arachnopeon
Here's the ones I have, 2 of each, if you notice the second line down from the abdomen, one has a solid orange oval and the other has an orange upsidedown v, this is the only difference I see which makes me wonder, anyone?

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Here's the ones I have, 2 of each, if you notice the second line down from the abdomen, one has a solid orange oval and the other has an orange upsidedown v, this is the only difference I see which makes me wonder, anyone?
It will most likely be the same species. Some individuals will differ from one another. Original locality may play a part.

Michael Pintal

Arachnopeon
Davus pentaloris (ex. Cyclosternum pentalore) is a different species as Davus fasciatus (ex. Cyclosternum fasciatum). Davus fasciatus is not in the hobby.

Davus pentaloris was mistakenly sold on mass scale as Cyclosternum fasciatum in the past. Some still wrongly selling it as that now.

You will have 4x Davus pentaloris
Check out the photos i uploaded and look at the differences I see and tell me what you think

Michael Pintal

Arachnopeon
It will most likely be the same species. Some individuals will differ from one another. Original locality may play a part.
Would it be safe to pair them or not?
There not ready as my C. Fasciatums are about 2" and my D. Pentaloris's are 3"

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
D. pentaloris = orange carapace
D. fasciatus = black carapace (never in the hobby)

You can pair them.