Darwin

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
It’s more like ‘Video shows man carelessly walking right next to bison wanting to be attacked at Yellowstone National Park’.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Rutting or mating season? My favorite was at the Elk preserve north of Orick, Calif. Doofus wanted close up. Managed to escape and get into car. All windows broken in car and several of the hundreds of horn dents fully penetrated the body.

Asked of a preserve game keeper, "Where is the safest place to stand?" His reply, "Next to a tree you can climb. Quickly."

ByMennen

Arachnosquire
Worlds smartest man being ruthlessly attacked by a rabid bison.
Next up, man messing with bear cub mauled by mama.
I'm not sure how low of an IQ you need to get that close, I don't want to know the IQ of someone bringing their kid! Come on.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Come on, people - everyone knows there are signs all over the place up there encouraging interacting with the wildlife! It's not like this guy was blatantly ignoring several hundred posted warnings or something... :rofl:

The Snark

Old Timer
Next up, man messing with bear cub mauled by mama.
On the flip side of the coin... I woke up to see a naked couple doing the 50 yard dash in about 2 1/2 seconds. Checking this new weirdness out, they had put down their sleeping bags in a private area away from our camp. Their private moment was interrupted by a cougar kitten playfully jumping on them.

jc55

Arachnoknight
I call it Natural selection since the mistake just keeps happening and more frequently.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
On the flip side of the coin... I woke up to see a naked couple doing the 50 yard dash in about 2 1/2 seconds. Checking this new weirdness out, they had put down their sleeping bags in a private area away from our camp. Their private moment was interrupted by a cougar kitten playfully jumping on them.
So not the fun type cougar then?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I saw the same thing @ Yellowstone. Bison decided to warm their bellies on the road before sun down, causing a traffic jam. People got out of their cars to walk up and take pix. I wanted to go get my camera but instead just stood behind the cars and waited for my "when animals attack" moment. People were freaking and I'm saying "What part of 'wild animal' don't you folks understand?". Seen similar stupidities in Yosemite, my fave was these folks asking the ranger where they put the animals @ night.......

The Snark

Old Timer
Seen similar stupidities in Yosemite, my fave was these folks asking the ranger where they put the animals @ night.......
When working at Yosemite they made it very clear to employees we may not under any circumstance approach the bears. But try getting that through to the cement head tourists. Clearing snow in the parking lot some plonker got to ranting we hadn't shoveled his car yet. Had a bear just sitting there between two cars scratching itself and enjoying the winter wonderland scenery.
Weird how many people think the wildlife is a tourist attraction. Just another amusement park.

Last edited:

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Anyone besides me want to send these people to Komodo island to pet the big lizards?