Darker Spider

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, I was out since yesterday morning, and when I checked on Peso today, I couldn't find an exuvium in his enclosure, but he's a hell of a lot darker. His appendages went from a pinkish colour to an almost charcoal gray. Did he molt, and I'm missing the exuvium? Is he/she about to molt? Am I imagining things?
Insight, please, anyone.
Paul

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Am I imagining things?
With you, who can tell exactly? :D But, if it did darken up then that is a first sign of an impending moult, but, as I will attest to, it doesn't necessarily mean a soon moult.

Be patient, it will come. No amount of contemplation or other obsessing is going to change the time or ultimate outcome one bit.

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my curly slings darkened up a week or TWO before moult.....so perhaps a sign of a moult to come but NOT a sign of an immediate moult.....

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Paraphysa scrofa just molted and it spent a little over a week with a dark splotch on its abdomen. He also showed the typical reluctance to accept any food. It is now more brightly colored, but still a sling, so not yet spectacular.

Bryan

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
MIne was like that for about a week before it molted. It also started putting down a little webbing here and there.

gilly2k

Arachnopeon
my g rossa darkened up over a month ago and has lay down web every where crazy spider.

GILLY2K

:D