1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damon Diadema!!!!

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by skittle, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Advertisement
    Hello!!!

I have been looking and looking but does anyone know where I could buy some young captive bred D. Diadema for a decent price UK!??
    I really have my heart set on them but can only seem to find wild caught!! Trying to avoid that!!!

Thanks in advance!!
    Jade

2. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

I can't help with the 'decent price' part but I would check Virginia Cheeseman, TSS and such.

Btw why not a WC? There's a particular reason?

3. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

Try posting in the Classifieds section and see what happens.

4. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince Active Member

For OP to do that, they'll have to become an active member or a classifieds member.

5. I had a look at those and they are either wild caught or unavailable!!
    Well it speaks for itself really but I don’t want to get animals that have been taken out of a perfectly good environment.
    I’d much rather get ones that have started out in captivity and don’t know any different!

Thanks
    Jade :)

6. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

I understand what you mean but, last time I checked, Damon diadema weren't exactly (sadly) in the Top Five of the most 'intensive breeding' inverts, so sometimes we need to get what we can.

Trust me because if I can, when I can, I always buy CB specimens (and, speaking of this issue, for prove to you my words, so far I think I'm the only one that, here, uploaded a pic of my legit CITES* paper for the genus Brachypelma Theraphosidae I keep) but, sometimes, simply we can't, period.

Like when it comes to 'pedes (Centipedes). I can guarantee you that 98% of Asian ones available in the trade are WC ones.
    Like mine is, a Scolopendra subspinipes, straight from cheap as hell Vietnam. This doesn't means that her babies, lol, were CB breed, since she was gravid and they were born here in Italy, ih ih ih :rolleyes:

I'm saying this because, very often, it's not exactly easy at all to have the invert we seek for, as a CB, unfortunately.

* http://arachnoboards.com/threads/cites-paper.285652/

Here in Italy we have those for sale at, let's see... 20 Euro, in general, but only in authorized inverts fairs like EntoModena etc no

7. Thankyou so much for all you help!!
    I do know its not always possible, but Id rather spend time searching!!
    I have actually got a reply from someone who has bred them fairly recently and they are £5 each!!
    So happy right now!!

Thanks again!!
    Jade

• Like Like x 1