Damon Diadema

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Does anyone know how to house them? Care info? I might wanna get a nicely sized colony of them.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They need vertical space more than floor space. The substrate doesn't really matter - just something to help hold humidity - and they need good ventilation. They also require good-sized vertical/angled slabs of cork bark to hang underneath while molting. They do just fine at room temperature with misting every few days and crickets once a week or so. They *can* be kept communally - but don't be surprised when they munch on each other from time to time, particularly when they are young. I keep my adults/subadults separated except when I'm trying to breed a pair - but my juveniles are housed together because I don't have the cage space to separate them. I have a few of my subadults/larger juveniles in Exo-Terra Nano Talls, and the others are in 10-gallon tall cages or the big Exo-Terra front-opening cages. If you are going to try going the communal route, make sure they have plenty of hiding places - cork bark, cork tubes, cholla tubes, etc. I do have a trio of Paraphrynus mexicanus that I've been keeping communally for about a year and a half now and they seem to be doing fine - no cannibalism yet.